Busy Mum of 3

bijozach

Well, here goes, I've never written on a forum before - always been more of a reader. I started the Cambridge Diet on Tuesday 3rd January after yoyo dieting all my life. I usually comfort eat so hope this will break all my bad habits along with losing all that excess weight. My reasons are mostly vanity - I hate being bigger and have lost all my confidence.

So, I'm now on day 11. I'm getting used to not eating now. It seems wierd to be cooking for my family and not even be able to taste it. Also, food shopping is strange when I'm not eating any of it!!

I had my first weigh in last Monday and lost 7.5 pounds which I'm obviously delighted with. It just seems such a long journey - can't imagine being thin again!

it's a quicker road you're taking than on any other diet - and in a few months you can be at goal. Well done on getting through the hardest part: from here on in, it's mostly just boring, inconvenient, and sometimes a little bit glum-making... but it isn't anywhere near that hard again.

Thanks hun for your words of support. I'm not doing too bad at the moment. I recently lost my dad and have been sorting out his house and everything so easily distracted from eating. Been taxi driving the kids all day in between trying to make head and tail of all the junk in his garage! I tried a vanilla coffee today and it was quite nice. I don't normally drink coffee but my CDC suggested making the vanilla shake into a coffee. Still can't get used to cooking tea but not eating it - guess that will pass. Getting weighed tomorrow so fingers crossed. Can't wait for my clothes to feel looser.

Just had my 2nd weigh in and lost another 5 and a half pounds - yippee!!! Just one pound off losing a stone now. Also, got some bars to try - one of each and tried the choc mint one. It felt really wierd to chew after 2 weeks of liquid but tasted ok. I'm getting used to cooking for my family but not eating now. Just do all the washing up while they're eating so I'm not tempted. I'm also chucking away all their leftovers immediately - it'd be more of a waste to eat them! Well, hubby's home now so must make his tea!

Back