BUSY MUM'S WEIGHT LOSS DIARY

Busy Mum

Silver Member
Just a brief bit about me. I am 42 years old and married with 3 children. I have quite a stressful job which has always been my excuse to eat, eat, eat! Last September after the most miserable school holidays ever weighing in at a huge 24st 7lbs :eek: I started LT. At the end of February 2013 after sticking to it 100% I had lost 6st 5lbs and I was down to 18st 2lbs. At this point I found myself myself starting to struggle and I began picking at food here, there and everywhere. After a couple of attempts to keep at it I decided to take a complete break from LT, stick to a healthy diet and get my head back in the LT zone before I started again. 3 months later and with the summer holidays coming around again I am now ready to begin my LT again. I weighed in last Monday at 18st 7lbs and today at my first weeks weigh in I was down to 17st 6lbs! Brilliant!! I've decided to keep a diary this time to help keep me on track.

I've just been looking back at a post I made at the end of December 2012 in a thread entitled your goals for 2013. This is what I posted:-

1. Ice skating! (haven't ice skated since I was about 10 but would love to take my girls).
2. Go to the cinema and theatre (haven't been for about 2 years as I just got too big for the seats).
3. Take my children on some fair ground rides nothing too scary but dodgems, twister and log flumes would be great fun!
4. Go swimming in a pool and the sea.
5. Take my son to watch his favourite football team (again I haven't taken him for at least 3 years because I was just too big).
6. To go dancing.
7. To join in and not miss out on all the fun - to really LIVE!

Since I posted this I have been to the cinema a couple of times and I now do fit into a seat!!:D I have also booked tickets for my son and I to go and watch his favouite football team play in August so that will keep me focussed to continue losing weight. All the others are still on the to do list although I definitely do have more fun and join in with activities more now than I used to. I would also like to add to my goals for 2013

8. Ride a bicycle again!

Busy mum, a very inspirational diary entry! Welcome back - you've done this before and well more practiced than me so you know you can do it. You've less to lose this time too so just keep at it! Just focus on all those great experiences you will soon be having with your children! Good luck xx

Exciting day in my house today, I've sent off passports applications for us all! So chuffed. It took some organising with having to get countersignatories, birth cerificates, etc but they're all done now and gone. Wouldn't have even considered this a year ago, the embarrassment of trying to board a plane at 24st 7lbs, I just never, ever would have attempted it but now I can see a time not that far away when I will be confident enough to do it. Makes your life feel much more exciting, I'm living instead of existing!

Nine days in on round 2 of my weight loss and I'm settled back into LT life again. Breakfast shake at 8.30am, 2 pints of water before lunch, Lunch shake at 1.30pm, 2 pints of water before tea, Tea shake at 6.30pm then 2 pints of water before bed - that's my routine. The only difference to round 1 of my weight loss is that this time I now do some excercise! Anyone who knows me would find that hysterical but I started when I was on my break to help maintain my weight and I found that I really enjoyed it. I don't go to samba classes, or sweaty aerobics or killer burn step classes or anything like that but I do walk 2 miles a day, everyday except Sunday which is my day off. Sometimes I have to really make myself do it but I always feel so much better after and glad I made the effort. It takes me 1/2 an hour, I have my music pumping into my ears and I just switch off from the day and all the hassles. I think its the walking that has helped with my work/life stress that I always used to turn to food to deal with. And my thinking is that I've got to build some excercise into my life if I want to maintain the weight loss afterwards. I've read lots of conflicting reports about excercising on LT so it will be interesting to see how my losses fair this time with some excercise compared to last time with none. Week 1 compared well, I lost 13lbs on my first week last time when I was a lot heavier (24st 7lbs) compared to this time (18st 7lbs starting) but my first week's loss was 15lbs! Anyway, that's enough waffling for today, need to get back to work.

Passports and a holiday - an excellent incentive for you to stay 100%! You sound focused I'm sure you'll be fine and get to your goal this time. Will look forward to hearing what impact the excercise has on your weight loss - but in any event it can never be bad to exercise! Xx

Thought I'd check in tonight. All is going well in the Busy Mum household. Feeling thinner and thinner every day! I wore a new top today that was too tight for me 2 weeks ago so that's always a lovely boost to your day. I have a pair of jeans in my drawer that are not too far away so I kept those in my mind tonight while I was doing my 1/2 hour power walk. Can't wait to get into those as I haven't worn jeans for years!

I made a chocolate cake for my girls school today and wasn't even tempted to lick my fingers so I know I'm truely well into the LT zone. Only 41 days until the school summer holidays start so no time for slip ups now. My new mantra is 'No Regrets!' I hope everyone else is doing well.

Great diary Busy Mum, and great words on others' posts. You really sound in the zone and I have every conviction that you will be a different woman going on holidays this year - and your kids will love it as much as you do!

Keep trucking on! :D

Good afternoon all!

Monday's here again so it was off to the nurse to be weighed. I was really chuffed with a 4lbs loss this week! Yeah! This was especially lovely as it takes me over the 100lbs mark for weight lost so far, a landmark I've been looking at passing for a while. I still can't quite believe I'm managing to achieve this weight loss. Every so often I catch my reflection in a window or mirror when I'm out and about and it makes been feel very proud of myself. I look OK, not grossly fat like I was and starting to get a bit of a shape. Because I'm walking 2 miles a day and I wasn't sure if it would slow down my losses (I've heard lots of different opinions on excercising whilst on LT) I decided to measure my widest part last week in the hope that if I wasn't losing on the scales as fast as I hoped the inch loss would be enough to keep me going. For me my widest part are my hips so I was extra chuffed to measure myself this morning and find I've lost 1.25 inches off my hips in one week alone! I'm sure a lot of that is down to the walking but the best side effect is how much better the excercising is making me feel. I absolutely love it!

Anyway, another busy week is here with temptations along the way I'm sure but we're much stronger now and ready for them. 37 days until the summer holidays start - No regrets!

How are you getting on busy mum?

Hi Michelle. I'm doing fine thanks. Seems to have been a tough week this week. My middle daughter broke her foot on Tuesday so she is in a plaster and on crutches, luckily it's a simple break so it should heal well. I don't know why but I've felt really hungry every day this week! I'm drinking plenty but I can't seem to get rid of those hunger pangs. Never mind weigh in day on Monday so lets hope my efforts show on the scales. 32 days left for me until the school holidays start so I'm determined to lose as much as possible in that time. How are you getting on?

PS Just wanted to add I got into a new pair of trousers this week which is always a great boost!

Last edited:
Well done you busy mum.

Hope your daughters leg heals fast nothing worst then a child with something broken we had it last yr a broken wrist with my then 5yr old daughter but she had to have surgery on it twice so most of summer hols spent in a cast.

As I am writing this my tummy is making so much noise you would it was an earthquake soooo hungry my body just won't go into ketosis this time round.

Anyway have a great day and well done on getting this far :)

Great diary Busy Mum, very inspirtational. I just started Lipotrim today and so far Im finding it ok. I had a strawberry shake this morning and absolutely HATED it!! :sigh: I tried the chocolate shake for lunch and found it ok but have yet to try the vanilla shake and chicken soup. Do you have any tips on making the shakes more palatable?? :)

Back