"but you're not fat"

Predator

Silver Member
Does anyone else get really angry at this comment?

Its like I'm trying to justify why I want to be slim all the time, I am quite lucky because I am quite tall at 6ft, so I can carry my weight quite okay, but I have a lot of it to lose because not only can I see it but I can just feel it as well and it just really irritates me when people try and tell me "you're not fat"...

Tends to come from my parents most. No wonder why it has taken me this long to finally get in this mind set if I am constantly being told I don't 'need' to diet because i'm not fat... Gah :mad:

I long for the day I get told that x

I get told that too, i also am lucky in the fact i dont seem to look as heavy or as big as i am. I am fed up with people saying I dont need to diet, or that I'm going to make myself ill, or oooh you have an eating problem.

Actually my BMI is classed as obese, I cannot fit into my size 14's anymore and I am not happy with how I look!

Some family members and friends say when I moan about my weight 'oh but you're not even fat though'.....I know they're probably only doing it to make me feel better.
But the one that really cracks me up is....'but you're not FAT fat' how many fats are there exactly!

Ahhhh....the good old family members, telling you what they believe you want to hear - I get the same from my folks too! My OH does the 'I love you just the way you are' line but, I know that my buddha belly has to go! I've told my OH that I don't love the way I am and he seemed a bit upset - but he knew where I was coming from. When you're trying your hardest to lose weight and people keep giving you 'fluff' its hard to keep going - WE NEED ENCOURAGEMENT, NOT FLUFF!

I know how u feel. That's all I get from my friend. My bmi is actually over weight. I have a jelly belly and I can't fit into most of my clothes. I just can't wait until I get to my goal weight and to hear 'oh u look great' lol

Back