butchers marinade

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by jamstar, 27 January 2010 Social URL.

1. jamstar

jamstar Member

Hi was wondering if anyone knows the syn value of the marinade you can get from the butchers. You know the chinese spare rib one you can buy a tray of ribs already marinaded. sorry to waffle. Thank you.:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    you would have to check with your individual butcher as to the ingredients of the marinade, as no two butchers will be the same.

A lot of the marinades will have oil in them too.

4. old_user45

old_user45 Silver Member

Don't know the syn value, and TBH I'm a bit naughty and don't count it!!

I'll often buy chinese floavoured meat etc, and will just eat it anyway, as long as the meat underneath is lean, and I scrape off the excess (obviously if it's swimming in sauce it's going to be a problem, and after marinating the meat has often taken on a lot of flavour anyway), and cook it in a way whereby all the excess can drip off (grill etc).

Just be careful it's not an oil based marinade (you can usually see the fattiness TBH).

Anyone with a proper answer though? I'd be interested to hear how many sys I'm ignoring!!!

:)

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It would vary depending on what is in it so you would need to ask your butcher, if he will tell you. By the way, we have a special section up the top of the board where you can post questions about syn values. If you don't post it there someone has to take the time to move it to the right place.

6. jann251

jann251 [url=http://www.TickerFac

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know the 60g sachets of "Flava-it" garden mint are 9syns but what I do is split it into 3 x 20g which is enough for 1 serving and the meat does get covered well! Hope that helps sweetcheeks!! The other flavours syn values are on the SW website under Flava-it.:eat:
    Janet x

7. princesss01

princesss01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(20.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You could always make your own and buy plain ribs.

8. jamstar

jamstar Member

Thank you all so much for being so helpful, am very sorry about the post being in the wrong place, quite new to this. Sorry:cry:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.