Butlins in a week, need food advise!

jodidi

Silver Member
We're going to Butlins in a week, half board. So breakfast and dinner! It's a buffet. How would you go about the whole food thing? I was planning on sticking 100% to plan, but I've been talking it through with my hubby and I don't think that would be practical. I will be very restricted on what I can have, I won't have any weighing scales or measuring jugs etc. So unless a synned food is pre-measured i won't know the syns. My hubby says to make the best choices I can and be strict as much as I can but if I fancy something, have it but a sensible portion. So really a 90/10 diet.

But The thing that's worrying me is that if I try to be super strict ill either be miserable or have an epic fail. But I'm scared to let go abit in case I lose control. I've been 100% for about 6 weeks and I don't want a gain the week after but, I want to enjoy my holiday too!

Sorry to waffle but what would you suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Phew that's a tough one. For me I always have holidays off and expect a gain when I get back and the. Get straight back on plan. This doesn't work for a lot of people though so maybe best with what your husband suggests, just try to make the most sensible choices you can. If you get a small gain, you KNOW you can lose it again. Enjoy your holiday!

The half board option at butlins would allow you to stay on plan if thats what you want. They have a big salad bar, and jacket potato etc, pasta, rice loads of options. If you just do extra easy, and have very small portions of synnable food you should be fine!

Hope you have a good holiday xxx

Agree with Sazzy above.

Never be afraid to ask for things withou sauce or oil either - Im sure they will do what they can
Why don't you take some fruit and low syn snacks with you too so have a cereal bar for during the day ??

Main thing is - Have fun xxx You can always get back on plan as soon as you are home

A xx

We've been to butlins loads of times but this is only the second time we've done the food. Last time we just went for it with the food and I just couldn't get back on track afterwards. I don't want to cut the things I like out of my diet forever. How do you have the self control to enjoy your holiday and get back on track? Just one taste always sends me off track. It makes stuff like holidays stressful because I just don't know what to do!

I think I am going to make the best choices I can to stick to plan, but if I fancy something I'm going to try to have a sensible portion. I'm going to take some hifi's with me and there is a spar shop I should be able to get some muller lights from too.

Hope you have a fab holiday and like the others said, make sensible choices, Extra easy where you can have a bit of everything thats free etc and syn the rest by having smaller portions etc. Plus you will be running around with your kids as butlins is really active with the kids, you will be fine and if you do find you have a small gain, think you will lose that within a few days of being back on plan, Go and enjoy hun x

Thanks guys :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back