Butter Buds....what do you think?

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
Ok I came across these totally by accident looking for something else, but what do you think

Butter Buds

Someone is selling sachets of them on ebay and i was wondering if its something that could be used in cooking. I don't know if they melt, although she does say they use them in veg pasta etc., I'm thinking frying mushrooms LOL !!!

Ok I came across these totally by accident looking for something else, but what do you think

Butter Buds

Someone is selling sachets of them on ebay and i was wondering if its something that could be used in cooking. I don't know if they melt, although she does say they use them in veg pasta etc., I'm thinking frying mushrooms LOL !!!

I used them on slimming world alot there really good not too sure for dukan though
There quite cheap in Lakeland as well xx

thanks laura, I just found info about them and it says they can be used in cooking, the nutritional value shows 0 in practically every box, but none of the boxes says carbohydrates !! but they non fat

Frylite do a butter spray, depends what u want it for I suppose

wow thanks cheese, won't be buying them then I think, 2g sounds a lot to me, but then I don't really know what is too much, I tend to look at the fat. Its more that when cooking mushrooms I can't stand plain fried ones, yuk, I started adding garlic and herbs but its not the same, this sounded a great alternative........plus there was something else recently that called for butter drops, can't remember what it was now.

ooo thanks for that cheese. will take a look x

How do you use it though, can it fry like oil.

Last edited:
i use frylight or as a treat extra virin olive oil xxx

I tried the butter buds from lakeland, thought they were a bit powdery tasting. The frylight buttery is really nice (well obviously not as nice as butter)!! I used to spritz it on mushrooms and they tasted so much nicer than dry frying or plain fry light. x

ah I never thought of buttery frylight, will have to see about getting some. Won't bother with the rest then LOL.

Thanks everyone x

Back