1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

butter buds

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Emmab77, 22 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Emmab77

Emmab77 Well-Known Member

Hi has any1 ever tried butter buds instead of butter but u can only use them in hot food and they only 5 cals per sachet and does any1 have any new ideas what to use them in ? X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Weeda

Weeda Member

Jacket potatos!!!

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

5. SlimmingKitchen

SlimmingKitchen Well-Known Member

Jacket potatoes & mash is the best thing :)
    They are only 0.5 syns a sachet x

6. Emmab77

Hi I've just bought some so gonna be giving them a try :) x

7. sweets154

sweets154 Well-Known Member

Where are butter buds in a supermarket? I'd never heard of them before SW.

8. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

They are only available from Lakeland either in store or online

Butter Buds® - Lakeland, the home of creative kitchenware

They were £3.99 for 40 sachets but I notice they have increased lately.

Use them in jackets, or especially to mash spuds for low-syn buttery goodness:)

I love them as it goes, but others hate them! - I also add to scrambled egg for the buttery taste.

Anyone wanting to try before they buy can so by ordering a small sample on Ebay - just do a search on there.

Half a syn - much better than trying to calculate half a syn's worth of butter lol

Steve

9. Emmab77

Hi I don't think u can buy them at a supermarket I got mine from eBay but there is other online sites that sell them and they come in packs of 40 x

10. Emmab77

Hi do u only add 1 to a jacket spud ? X

11. julesm

julesm Slimming World

Excuse my ignorance but what are butter buds?

12. Emmab77

Hi its a powder butter and in hot food it taste like butter but 1 sachet is only 5 kcal x

13. Maximus

At half a syn, you can add as many as you want. I also add them to scrambled eggs, cos that's the way I roll;)

As I mentioned, some people can't stand them, they are very, erm, buttery, but that's the idea lol. I have usually got syns to spare and with jackets, or mash, I just add them until I think it's Lurpak!

It works best with wet/moist food as this hydrates the powder.

14. julesm

julesm Slimming World

Are they that sort of funny fake butter taste like what buttery frylight smells like? I do rather enjoy that flavour xxxx

15. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

No - nothing like the frylight stuff (yeuch)

16. Maximus

Agreed!

The frylight stuff is rancid - Butter buds are a nice buttery flavour and when Lurpak is off limits, quite tasty!

All in my humble opinion of course.

Steve

17. Emmab77

Hi I tried them today in a jacket potatoe and enjoyed it normally I would use butter so I'm glad I bought them now cos only 5 cals and tasty :) x

18. Maximus

Glad you like them Emma.

As I mentioned, some people hate them, but I find them so buttery, and in my opinion, they have no after taste (apart from butter lol)

19. Rachelsilver1985

Rachelsilver1985 Well-Known Member

Do you think you could put it on freshly popped popcorn? I am a fan of salted butter popcorn yummy yummy

I did buy some of these from ebay tried it in mash last just one sachet and didnt find it strong enough but i suppose im abutter fiend

20. -Tally-

-Tally- Well-Known Member

If they're only 5 calories wouldn't they be 4 sachets = 1 syn or 2 for 0.5 syns?

21. Emmab77

I put 2 in a big baked spud xx