Butternut squash ideas ....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by smigget, 15 April 2008 Social URL.

1. smigget

smigget Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Morning dudes - revertin back to gud ol' green again 2day as ... well, itz a lot easier isn't it - did a reddun on Sun but shall end my 1st week on SW with another green one - bought a butternut do-dah this morning - what can I do with it? Looks a bit phallic actually .... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    BNS makes good mash, chips, or just roasted up with a tsp of olive oil, thyme, onions etc. It is lovely. Oh and lovely soup too

4. time4action

time4action Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.04%)
    Diet:
    SS+
    I make Butternut Squash soup quite often and its delicious and so easy to make.

Just chop squash up into bite sized pieces, season and place on a roasting tin, spray with a little fry light and I usually sprinkle a few chilli flakes over it. Roast in a moderate oven until soft. Let it cool a bit and then pop in a blender with some low fat nat yog or low fat from frais or even some very low fat cottage cheese and blend. Add a little water if its too thick to preferred consistency and hey presto you have a gorgeous creamy spicy soup !

5. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

Ohh :drool: might give that one a go at the weekend.:)

6. Nanny Jax

Nanny Jax getting back on track

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I tried BNS today for the first time, I roasted it with a selection of other veg and it was really nice, I only bought it because Steph mentioned it a week or two ago, so thanks Steph :)
    Time4, will be trying your soup next, thanks Jax x

7. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I made a really nice Butternut squash soup on Sunday!

Cut squash in half and place on baking tray in a moderate oven (seed side upwards!).
    Meanwhile, chop up some peppers and onion and simmer those in a stock of Indian oxo. (gives a really nice subtle spicy flavour)
    When the inside of the squash is cooked ie.soft, scrape out the seeds and discard and then scrape out the flesh into the saucepan with the onion and peppers.
    Add more water, depending on wanted consistency and simmer altogether.
    Bung ½ in a blender leaving the other ½ 'whole' to give a bit more of a'bite' (ok, lumpy!!) to you soup!! lol
    Mix altogether and take out what you want to eat and then stir in some natural yogurt for a creamier effect. (Don't add yog to the whole lot as when you reheat it it while separate and turn nasty!!)
    It was really delish!!

Sam
    xxx

8. RUTHYJ357

RUTHYJ357 Gold Member

Diet:
    SW
    Um, BNS looks scary but i promise to buy one when i go shopping next, how do you prepare it when you want to roast or mash it?

DER IM SOOOOOOOOO THICK

Ruthy xxxxxxxxxxxxx

9. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have always found it easier if you cut the squash in half and bake in the oven and then scrape out the soft cooked stuff!. Otherwise its so hard to peel and dice plus you may not end up with 4 fingers and a thumb at the end of it either!

Sam
    xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.