Buy or not to buy....

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marie_D, 13 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I have a wedding to go to in July and I really want to surprise people who will be expecting me to show up looking like a big fat mess (ie my family and friends who will be there and who won't have seen me for a while by then). I am currently a size 16, but I am planning (and hoping!) to reach target by then so I can wear a size 12 dress to the wedding.

So, I was just browsing for something to wear and I came across this dress...

I think it's really pretty and would be perfect for a summer wedding (it looks white in the pic but it says in the details that it's magnolia - which I assume is ok for a wedding?!), do I order it and keep it hanging on my wardrobe as incentive, or do I not risk 'failing' and making myself feel even worse??

Hmmm.....:confused: :confused: :confused:
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:

its lovely, perfect for a wedding and will be a great motivator hung in ur wardrobe :D
  4. Mich

Mich Taking Back Control...!!!

Oh yes you must buy it - it's very pretty and a great incentive to get to goal - hang it where you'll see it everyday......:D
  5. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Get it get it get it!!!

Think positive WILL get to your target and you WILL fit into the dress!!!
  6. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    measure up
    oooo how gorgeous is that dress, I would definately buy it and put it so you will see it, and try it on occasionally too.
  7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    Its lovely Marie! If youre really confident about sticking to this Id go for it. Itll be great trying it on every few weeks and seeing how youre doing. If you have any doubts though, I wouldnt. I know I probably sound like the voice of doom and gloom but theres nothing more disheartening than seeing something you cant fit into *S*

Love the dress :)
  8. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    You buy it, definately. When I was a size 32, I plotted my weight loss on a graph. and figured I'd be a size 16 by the summer. I booked a holiday in Italy, and bought a dress to wear there. And I did!!!!!
    Ann x
  9. Fionauk

Fionauk Full Member

Following Paul Mckennas book - I can make you thin
    Get it, get it! :D Your doing really well and if you continue theres no reason it wont fit.

It looks gorgeous :)
  10. Fionauk

Fionauk Full Member

Following Paul Mckennas book - I can make you thin
    Ann, Just wnated to say well done on your weight loss. Thats am amazing achievement. You must feel so proud of yourself :D
  11. LENNY4974

LENNY4974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Diet
    Get it - the dress is gorgeous and will be a huge incentive for the weight loss (as well as picturing all the faces at the wedding who will see you looking a sexy skinny:D )

Well done on the losses so far, I wouldn't worry about the small gains - are you losing inches??

Good luck and keep up the hard work;)
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.