Buying a countdown and getting to target half way through?

x-tuesdayemma-x

Silver Member
I was wondering what would happen if i bought a countdown then reached my target before it was up. would i get my money back for the remaining weeks or would i loose it?

You definitely don't get a refund - it happened to me. I'd bought a 12 week countdown, working on the formula of 1/2lb a week as that was all I had been losing before the countdown. Once I'd bought the countdown my weight loss improved and I reached target in about week 6!!!! How I wish I'd bought the 6 week countdown instead.

Denise

You definitely don't get a refund - it happened to me. I'd bought a 12 week countdown, working on the formula of 1/2lb a week as that was all I had been losing before the countdown. Once I'd bought the countdown my weight loss improved and I reached target in about week 6!!!! How I wish I'd bought the 6 week countdown instead.

Denise

Same happened to me, although luckily I was much nearer to the end of my countdown. I had about three weeks left and a massive weight loss came from nowhere and took me a pound below my planned target. I decided to see my countdown through and then call target at the end, by which point I'd had a gain and a loss (I think) which took me back to my original target anyway.

I had the perfect result - I hit target on week 6 of my 6 week countdown!

You definitely lose it though - no chance of a refund, or deferring countdown weeks to use up in future if you got out of target range. So if you are close to target I'd recommend not getting a countdown, or only getting a 6 week one at most

Back