Buying a dress for goal weight......

So I am back at slimming world after having a baby and indulging for a year (or two!). I am hoping to get to target by March next year, as my sister is getting married and I want to be able to get a lovely dress. I have 45 weeks, and 70lb to shift. So that is 1.5lb per week, which I don't think is unreasonable to aim towards.

The last time I done slimming world I lost about 3 stone in 4 months, so I know it works. So I seen a dress in Debenhams I like but I don't know whether to get it or not, and if I did, what size to order it in! I would hope to be a 12 by that stage but what if I am not! Also, I am not sure if I will go back to the shape I was. I had a nice curvy figure (pear shaped, nice small waist), and now I have a lot of weight around my middle and am more apple shape.

So even if I get into the dress the shape may not suit me. The Dress is £125 so too much to buy and not wear, but its the nicest one I have seen in that kind of style and I know I wont be able to get it if I wait to nearer the time. What would you do?

008010734765.jpg

Attachments

• 008010734765.jpg
    008010734765.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Instead of buying it, why don't you print a picture of it out and place it around the house? Like on your computer, in the bathroom mirror and on the refrigerator. You get bonus point for placing your head over the models.

It's gorgeous and quite flattering I'd say. I'd buy it and hang it up as daily motivation, but then again I am quit impulsive. You could always get it altered a wee bit ie taken in ;)

I saw one in monsoon that I absolutely adored, a grey checked dress! I was so tempted to get it in my goal size. I didn't and have regretted it since! Get it!

That's gorgeous! I'd buy it if I was you, it woul be great motivation for you to have it hung up and you could always sneak a peak at it whenever you needed that extra push.
I'm also wondering whether to buy a goal outfit but I've seen so many outfits I'd love to wear once I'm slim, I'm sort of spoilt for choice.
Whenever I get a food craving I've reached for my phone and started window shopping, it's great motivation for me atm.

Back