Buying boots...

Jeniferous

I've always wanted knee high brown leather boots but never managed to get any to do up. For the past two years i've bought the biggest boots from duo with the 50cm calf and ended up sending them back so guess what i did today... ordered them AGAIN! Fingers crossed this time my swimming/running will give me what i've wanted! I went to evans the other day and did manage to do some up but i'm loathed to spend money on something which isn't leather and won't last!

Anyone else got extra extra extra wide calves like me?!

I really wanted some leather ones, i did look there but couldnt find much I fancied... i'll let you know how the duo's go!

I had the same problem, really wanted to get into knee length boots. I can now get into them. Only problem is I have about 10 pairs - still can't believe they fit so everytime I see a pair I like and they fit I buy them - must stop this - my wardrobe is getting to full of boots!

Try Wynsors web site ,just tried to buy a pair of Ann Harvey boots I had my eye, on but are out of stock today, typical that when I was going to buy them:cry:

OH will do - well the Duo's arrived today but i've not really had a chance to try them I think it might be the age old problem where they tell you to measure the widest part of your calf and they fit there but then are too big at the top! I might be best switching them for smaller ones but then the calf itself might be too small. I might email them for advice!

They are nice though!

I have this same problem. I hate my legs. My calves never seem to change. I dream of wearing jeans with knee high boots over them. My OH's cousin said to me once, I didn't realise you played rugby, referring to my big chunky legs. Gee thanks!

I bought a lovely pair of knee high boots last winter from Evans, costing 89 quid. Brought them out recently and found the heel has come away from bottom of the sole, completely cracked. Haven't kept the receipt otherwise would have taken them back to the store.

I've taken them to four different shoemenders and every one of them said there's nothing that can be done for them. One said I could take your money and glue them but they wouldn't last a week. I'm absolutely gutted!:cry:

I bought a lovely pair of knee high boots last winter from Evans, costing 89 quid. Brought them out recently and found the heel has come away from bottom of the sole, completely cracked. Haven't kept the receipt otherwise would have taken them back to the store.

Go back to the store. I used to work for Arcadia group (who own them) and there generally really good at sorting out things like this. It may be they have to send them back to head office, but worth it cause chances are they will replace them!

Theres no harm in trying to return them - they should last a reasonable length of time and be fit for purpose. Well the Duo's didn't fit, the calf was HUGE but the ankle was tight, so i rang them and the ankles get smaller with the reduced calf size so even if they replaced them to fit the calf they wouldnt fit the ankle. Ho hum...

Back