Buying clothes for 2months time?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Snorks, 28 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Snorks

Snorks Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st1lb(41.1%)
    I've got a wedding to go to on 5th September, and my thoughts have turned to what on earth I wear. I have absolutely no idea what size I'll be, nor what shape I'll be. I've kind of resigned myself to going out on a last minute dash for an outfit but I'm a bit :( about doing that in case I can't find anything I feel good in.

However I don't see that I have much choice. I suppose I could buy something a size or two smaller and hope that I fit into it but that seems a risky strategy.

No point to this thread really, I'm just having a whinge! but if anyone has any good suggestion I'd love to hear them!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. thin_inside

thin_inside I Can Do This!

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(32.95%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Hi Snorks

I would suggest you look for something a week or two ahead, but no more. Plus be aware you may not be in it for very long so don't buy something expensive.

I bought a dress for my sisters wedding a couple of months ahead, but it just didn't fit my shape when it came to the day. I was gutted and bodged something last minute.

Good luck. xx

4. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Is back in the saddle!

Start Weight:
    15st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.8lb(6.4%)
    Diet:
    5:2 Fasting
    I should at the very least do a reccie of the type of outfit you would like and which shops sell them (It's no good going to Next for an Artigiano!).

Don't fall in love with anything yet though as TI said, your shape will change as well as your size. I had great fun in 2007 before my wedding shoping spree. By the time I was more or less there everything looked and hung different too! :rolleyes:

5. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Don't do it!

You will go down approx 1 size per month and you will change shape.
    what we expected was to choose similar
    clothes, just smaller, but actually my tastes have changed too.
    The others are right, you won't stay the same size for long.
    Anyone who knows me will not be surprised when I say - try the charity shops. I've had some real bargains, many of them brand new and plenty of items special enough for a wedding.
    Happy hunting.

6. helenn

helenn Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    A good idea to think charity shops. I would also say have a look on ebay.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.