Buying summer clothes in Winter

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by maypole, 18 June 2010 Social URL.

1. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

Have a bit of a quandary. As some of you know my planned trip to Oz was ruined by the volcano so we are going in Jan/Feb when it will be hot. I have given myself an aim to lose 34lb (I have lost 4lb so far) so need summer clothes. Do I buy stuff now in the hope I slim into them or do nothing & buy in Australia if needed. Have a few bits like vest tops etc to keep me going

Any advice?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

Primark - or look on Ebay nearer the time.

x

4. Roz V

Roz V Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    It will be near impossible to buy anything lightweight here come mid August, and even the charity shops remove 'seasonal goods' from the shop floor at about the same time. This week I've been looking for a lightweight showerproof jacket, and haven't been able to find what I want ANYWHERE!!! (Since when did rain become seasonal here?!).

I think I would buy a few things now - added incentive - and buy the rest when you get there if necessary, but you don't want to spend much time clothes shopping on holiday!

Good Luck with the weight loss - it will be hard work, but is certainly achievable!

5. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd be tempted to buy online nearer the time, quite a lot of catalogues have some of their summer stuff out early.

6. *Cupcake*

*Cupcake* is working hard.....

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(25.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'd wait til nearer the time and see what can be found either in the new season catalogues (some companies do previews in December!) or places like TK Maxx, Asos, or even an Outlet centre (MacArthurGlen) might be good for a few bits.

You can then buy more when you get out there too!

xx :)

7. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    That was what I was thinking. If I am totally honest with myself I have loads of summer clothes that I can't get into at the mo as they are too small & as cupcake says I can go shopping there!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.