By my 28th Birthday

Auburn

x x x
By my 28th Birthday.. I want to have done it. I want to be at goal.

I am 26 just now. My birthday is the 5th January, so that gives me 56 weeks to lose 104lbs.

I am hereby changing my mindset. Renouncing all binging, eating better and slower, and being focussed on me for a change, instead of looking after everyone else...

I know I can do it. I just have to actually do it...!

Go for it Jen.

I can't believe I've been on minimins for 2 years and have only just found the forum.

Hi Jen - you can do it. It's great to think of yourself for a change - you'll be the person you want to be by the time you are 28. xx

Hi Jen, how's it going love?

How's it going Jen? I've got a similar amount to lose, but I'm 37 and dreading being fat and 40. We can both do it this time! New year new start!

Happy New Year everyone!! Christmas - Done. New Year - Done. Just the birthday hurdle to go!

So far I'm not doing too badly - This time of year is tougher for anyone, but most people get to start afresh on the 1st or 2nd of January - I'm just trying to stay sensible til the 5th, til my birthday is out of the way.. My boyfriend's parents are taking me and him out for a combined happy new year & birthday curry tonight, then on my actual birthday we are off to a mexican - I am having steak fajitas, which is probably not the most sensible of diet choices, but I only have one birthday a year!

I weigh in on thursdays, so this works well. Jumping 100% back on the wagon on Thursday morning and pointing like a queen :p I'm sticking with weightwatchers pro points. I have actually pointed absolutely everything throughout the festive period - I didn't want to risk going off the rails, so I went over twice, which wasn't too bad in the end. Christmas day, I actually saved points. Yeah, I was surprised by that too..! But New Year's eve involved a chinese buffet, KFC dinner and mojitos. I didn't point that day, I confess. Presume I went over, but sticking to my points the rest of the time should keep a teeny bit of control!

2011 is going to be a good year, I can feel it!! :) Jim your photos are such an inspiration, well done you :) And Nicki, you're right, we'll do it this year :D

Have a lovely Sunday people !! x

Hi Jen,

You seemed to of done very well over Christmas and you sound very determined and focused and I feel 2011 is going to be your year for sure!!!

How you finding Pro Points?

Happy New Year to you!

Happy New Year to you too Mini :) I love the avatar, with the snowball fight haha :D
I like the propoints, it makes sense to me, and I don't feel hungry. It fits in with my life pretty easily, and I've found a good app on my phone which means I can carry it about with me, it's like having a constant reminder of a conscience in my handbag!!!! :)

Did you have a nice Christmas and New Year? :)

The Avatar is cute:D

It is great to hear you are finding pp good...I guess it will take some time to see how the weight loss compares to the old discovery plan? Did you find it took you long to get use to pp? As I see some people give up after the first week.

Christmas was lovely but since then our little Yorkie who is fourteen and half years old has become very ill and it has been around the clock looking after her...she has rallied a little with the help of medication and fingers crossed she makes a good recovery.

Needless to say I have been comforting eating which is a habit I do intend breaking for 2011.

14 is a damned good age for a little dog Mini, I hope she does recover love.

The Avatar is cute:D

It is great to hear you are finding pp good...I guess it will take some time to see how the weight loss compares to the old discovery plan? Did you find it took you long to get use to pp? As I see some people give up after the first week.

Christmas was lovely but since then our little Yorkie who is fourteen and half years old has become very ill and it has been around the clock looking after her...she has rallied a little with the help of medication and fingers crossed she makes a good recovery.

Needless to say I have been comforting eating which is a habit I do intend breaking for 2011.

Mini, I do wish well for your Yorkie. I have a 7 year old yorkie, called Ruby, who we adopted from a family who went abroad. She's a bit not-right, and after some tests we found out she was epileptic, so she's a bit higher maintenance than the not-wired-right border collie we have.. Love them all the same!

I find PP's pretty easy to adapt to. I think that could be because I have flitted between so many different plans that count different bits of food... it's all just a label! I won't be giving in after one bad week though. I trust the system will work, or a multi-million company would not have switched from something that worked to something that doesn't. I understand that it's all about what you put in to whatever plan you choose!

I'm with you 100% on the comfort eating. It's a horrible habit, and a really tough one to break I think. Definitely. So deep breath, and count to ten, do a sudoku, and then maybe have an apple instead of a choccie biccie!!! That's my new tactic anyway!

Back