Bye Bye Muffin Top - My weight loss diary

Fia

Hello, I hope people will read this :) Please leave replies - I would love to talk to and get to know other people on this site who are also losing weight.
I'm a 20 year old Business student and have pretty much always been overweight. I had a very bad binge eating problem for the last few years. I just want to leave the house feeling good about how I look and be able to buy nice clothes.

I started my weight loss journey on the 15th of August 2011 weighing 16.3 stone/228.2lbs and between then and the 19th of December I lost 2.8 stone/40lbs exactly. I stuck to around 1200 calories a day and tried to work out for at least 5 hours a week - sometimes I did more and sometimes less.

Over Christmas I gained 3lbs and have only managed to lose 1lb since then. I have found it very difficult to get back into eating less and exercising so I think keeping a diary here will encourage me to get back on track and stay there.

My long term goal is 10 stone/140lbs and I have set a goal date of 29th of October 2012(my 21st birthday) so that's 39 weeks which means losing around 1.3lbs a week. I would like/hope to get there sooner than that but we'll see what happens :)

My weigh in day is every Monday.
I hope to post an entry here most days.

Now for my first diary entry....

Today was a good day(the first one since before Xmas!).
I had Special K & low fat milk for breakfast, a very small black coffee and alpen bar for a snack and beef curry with brown rice for dinner. Been drinking water all day too.
I walked for an hour at a moderate pace, did 30 minutes on my exercise bike and around 10 minutes of light weights.
I probably should have eaten another meal or snack but my schedule was off today.

Hi Fia,

I am new to this forum and I am also a student :) I started losing weight in the summer of 2011 aswel! My 21st birthday is fast approaching and I am please with my weigh loss so far, I want to get another few pounds off in the next week or so ready to fit into a new dress for my birthday :). I am doing the slimming world diet, but i would love to offer you support as being another student i appreciate how hard it can be when everyone around you seems to be able to eat what they want when they want it.
It seems like your weightless journey has been going really well so far , i think everyone suffers a blip around the christmas season!
Maybe we could share some meal and snack ideas/recipe suggestions for students?
best of luck
lizzie

Thanks for the reply Lizzie! Well done on your weight loss so far!
It's only since I started losing weight that I realized how much my friends and everyone else around me eat chocolate, crisps etc everyday - you're right, it does get difficult seeing them eat what they want.

I'm not very good at cooking but I do have a good recipe for vegetarian lasagna - it tastes so good! I prefer it to a meat one.

Here's the link to it and there's a video showing you how to make it too.
RTÉ Operation Transformation / Season 5

There's loads more recipes on that site too. I tried a salmon recipe as well and it was really nice!

Only thing is it takes forever and a lot of ingredients so I've not done cooking like that much - but it does taste good!

I eat the weight watchers frozen meals around twice a week - easy and low calorie :)

Thanks for the recipe, i will be trying that one. If you like lasagne i found a recipe on another thread for a bean and ham lasagne. I made it last night and it was lovely.
I know watching other people does make you realise just how much junk food you can eat without even really realising it! Anyway heres the recipe for the lasagne :)
Heres the recipe:

Pete’s Baked Bean & Ham Lasagne
Serves 2
Ingredients
Pack of lasagne sheets
900g bottle of passata (s)
Slices of smoked wafer thin ham
1 tin 410g baked beans (ss)
Mixed herbs
Oven-proof dish
90g low fat cheddar (2x Hea) or 50g 7 syn/2=3.5 syns
Method
Soften the lasagne sheets with boiling water to make life easy, and then purr a thin layer of passata in the base of the oven-proof dish that has been sprayed with Fry Light.
Cover with lasagne sheets, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne, layer of passata, layer of ham, layer of passata, layer of lasagne, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne and then the final layer of passata, soaking all of the lasagne, sprinkle with mixed herbs, then grate the low fat cheddar over it all and place in a hot oven at 180c for 30mins covered with tinfoil, then remove the tinfoil for the last 10 mins

Thanks! I'll try that soon! It sounds really nice! :)

So today was another pretty good day.
Had Special K with low fat milk again for breakfast, 2 rice cakes with peanut butter as a snack, alpen bar as another snack, vegetable lasagna for dinner and a weight watchers ice-cream.
I went on a walk for an hour too :)

Tomorrow I'm at home all day so hope I can have a proper lunch instead of just snacks.

I feel a lot better today that I have done for the past few weeks :)

Didn't get a chance to do any exercise today as I was working on an assignment due tomorrow (really should have done it earlier! Still not finished now!)
But food was okay-
Breakfast: Special K & low fat milk.
Lunch - 2 slices of homemade brown bread and peanut butter
Dinner - WW lemon chicken risotto with extra veggies
snacks - alpen bar & WW ice cream

Oops, I really failed at this.
Gonna start again.
Just did the math and I've been going up and down between 187lbs and 190lbs for 10 weeks now. I keep doing so well for a few days and then doing bad for a few days and so on...
I've decided to change my goal to 154lbs instead of 140lbs - and hopefully I'll get there and then see if I want to lose any more then.

Breakfast - Bran flakes & low fat milk
Lunch - 1 pack of special K bites (I think that's what they're called) and 1 slice of brown bread and peanut butter.
Dinner - Salmon and lots of veggies.

Hi,
Are you still sticking with it? I kind of fell off the diet wagon but im finally ready to give it another go! For good this time!

Back