Bye bye old me, hello new me!

StarrLady

Hi everyone, I'm new here just started Cambridge SS today. I met with my councillor yesterday for the first time and she is so lovely and we got on really well. She will be visiting me fortnightly so first weigh in isn't until 3rd September. I'm really lucky to have a fantastic supportive husband and two fantastic daughters and I'am really looking forward to all our lives being better after I've lost this weight.

Any support will be very gratefully received! Xxx

Hiii
Good Luck hun, hope the diet works well for you. your first few days are a struggle and if you feel like giving up, get an outfit out that you would like to fit into and keep it in mind ;) all the best and keep us posted xx

Good tip, thank you and well done on your weight loss so far xxx

Actually feel starving and struggling which is embarrassing as its only day 1! Just had to text my husband and ask if he can do dinner for himself and our daughter as I just can't face it. Hate doing that cos he's been at work and I haven't but he doesn't mind. Hope this gets easier!

Hi. I'm on week 3 and I for the last 2 days iv forgot to h e my 3rd shake. Naughty I no but I just don't feel hungry. The first weeks the hardest. Day 3 and 5 really got to me but I promise it does get easier. Hang in there xx

That's given me hope lol. I pushed through, had my porridge and now I feel fine. Not hungry or anything! Funny what I have missed today, thought it would be my glass of wine or crisps but it's not I would have killed for a chicken salad tonight when I was starving. I'm in bed now (rock and roll I know!) so I'm classing today as over,so there done it completed day 1 and I'am so proud of myself. So today had chocmint shake, leek and potato soup and plain porridge and liked them all which is another thing I'm surprised about.

Earlier on me and OH we're discussing next years hols. If school dates and flights add up I think we are going to go back to Florida. We went this Easter for 2 weeks, first time for me and our girls oh had been when he was 15. We stayed at a gorgeous resort with a beautiful pool area, did all the parks and had a fab time. I however hardly went on any rides and only had one day by the pool and didn't go in the pool with my girls. If we go next year I can't help but imagine what it would be like to strip down to my swimsuit without a care in the world and jump into the pool or lay on a lounger and relax without worrying how I should sit or what I should wear that will best hide my body........

If you do feel like reach for the wine or crisps just jump on this forum, it soon snaps you out of it (well its helped me anyways) If you keep positive im sure you will reach your goal in no time hun, day 1 was not too bad for me but 3 and 5 was a bit rough, felt sick and couldnt sleep because of hunger pangs. Now i dont feel that hungry and just make sure i drink plenty of water. Just keep that next holiday in mind and im sure that will help xx good luck xx

I just finished my second day on sole source. Found the first day difficult but today has been much better so hopefully it will be the same for you! My consultant suggested writing down my goals and to read over them when I'm feeling unmotivated so that might be something you could try :) Best of luck we can do this!!!!! also the choc mint shake is very nice if you make it with hot water you should try it! xxx

Hey I'm getting weighed on the 4th (every two weeks.) today was my first day too and I found cooking for my two kids hard. It was amazing the amount I times I had to stop myself from picking at their food whilst cooking it. Already it has shown me the amount of thoughtless calories I was putting in my body. My tummy is rumbling right now but bedtime soon. X

Wonder is fortnightly would be better ?

Thank you for replying and being so supportive, this site is brilliant. :D Well done on your loss so far Ciara, I want to get the holiday booked as I know that's going to be a big motivator for me. I do think it's amazing fairy when you remove food from your life how much you do notice the subconscious eating. When my CDC said she could only come out and see me every two weeks it did cross my mind would that have a negative effect cos I would have to wait so long to get that buzz of finding out what I'd lost, but now I think I will still get that just concentrated! I can still, call, text or email her though whenever. lucielou, I'm on day 2 today so hope I'm the same as you and find it easier. I will definitely try the choc mint with hot water sounds lovely. Xxx

I have to face the cooking for dd's tonight as my husband is away. It's not too bad tonight as its only one night, but next week he's away Tuesday to Friday, but I will be hoping the crappy bits of this diet are over by then!

This is going to be a test as he has periods of time when he works away and I get very anxious about being at home without him at night, so surprise surprise i would have some wine or chocolate or something fatty for dinner to make me feel better. They never did, just made me feel sick but I always did the same thing and ate this crap food. I don't know why I kept doing that to myself!? I have a feeling that there will be plenty of similar revelations over the course of this diet!

Have a good day everyone, here's to day 2!!!! :bighug:

I'm sitting with my black coffee and it's actually not to bad considering I was a vanilla latte girl I though I would miss the milk in coffee. I'm going to try leave it as late as possible till I have my first product of the day so I can have one left when the kids go to bed.
I struggled last night. I had some hot water with a bit of chilli powder and pepper. Sounds gross but I needed filling up as had my last product at 6pm. Am thinking I'll aim to make the kids tea straight after I have a shake or soup with some water so at least I'm full whilst cooking. This may sound bizarre but I feel less bloated already and found waking up this morning so much easier. I'm sure as the week goes on this may change ha ha. It's nice to have someone who is at the same kind of stage as I am. If you don't mind me asking what weight has everyone started at?
I'm 5ft7 and have started at 18st 11. X

Im going to do that, leave it as long as possible til I have my first one. I can't wait until I can have the flavourings, the veg one will be a nice way to fill up the gap in the evenings cos it'll be like soup.

Im 5'5 and 17st12. My goal is 11st7, which according to BMI is still to heavy but about 3 yrs ago I was 12st12 and I know another stone or so off then I would have been perfect. I'm curvy shaped so will never be skinny!

Good tip about being full to do the cooking! X

Ooo I just have a little over you to lose then. Away to get tidied up to keep my mind off the dreaded f word. Good luck today. I'll check in later to see how you are getting on. Also are you a newbie in here? I just joined yesterday and would like to do my own diary and edit my profile but it won't let me. :( xxx

My cdc doesn't have the veg flavoring. Idea it thicken the water up much? How does it taste

Fairy577 said:
I'm sitting with my black coffee and it's actually not to bad considering I was a vanilla latte girl I though I would miss the milk in coffee. I'm going to try leave it as late as possible till I have my first product of the day so I can have one left when the kids go to bed.
I struggled last night. I had some hot water with a bit of chilli powder and pepper. Sounds gross but I needed filling up as had my last product at 6pm. Am thinking I'll aim to make the kids tea straight after I have a shake or soup with some water so at least I'm full whilst cooking. This may sound bizarre but I feel less bloated already and found waking up this morning so much easier. I'm sure as the week goes on this may change ha ha. It's nice to have someone who is at the same kind of stage as I am. If you don't mind me asking what weight has everyone started at?
I'm 5ft7 and have started at 18st 11. X

Greetings!!! Well done to you for taking the bill by the horns and starting CD - its a brilliant diet and really does work.

I'm 18st3lbs and started CD 5 weeks ago weighing 20st5lbs - that 5 weeks has flown by seriously quick. The first week is the hardest, I had awful headaches and hunger pangs but they did subside and now im hardly ever hungry. I have to set my alarm to remind me to eat which is mad because I'm always hungry normally.

Stick with it - it's well worth it :D xxx

Holy Kamoly that is an amazing weightloss!!! I think black coffee is going to be my new best friend. I have not had any products yet but am starting to feel quite hungry so think i shall have something soon. It is so nice to have people to talk to on here that understand what we are going through.
xx

Yes I'm new here, started yesterday. It won't let you edit your profile until you have posted 50 times but you should be able to start a diary?? If it won't let you we can share lol, I'll change the title!

Can you ask your CDC to get some veg flavouring in Lisa? I haven't had it yet but I've been told its like a watery herby stock. Sounds a bit gross but I think it'll help with the big gap either before or after dinner.

Amazing weight loss Christy, hope mine are as good as that. Well done!!

Just had cappuccino shake warm. Was quite nice that's my first of the day got to try to get through the water now! Going to the loo every 5 mins! Xxx

Dont know if im out of order saying this but i had hot water last night with some chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and some fresh coriander and normally i would think gadz but it was actually quite nice. I gust added a wee bit of the herbs and spices to the water as i didnt want to over do it as its all new to me i didnt know if it would make a difference to the weightloss. That kept me going last night as it was like a spicy broth and the heat of it filled me up. I shall try again with the diary. Actually ill just stick to this. This is much more fun and getting chatting to people is much better. xx

Back