c25K - Safety

like_a_feather

Thinking Thin!
Hi All

I am planning to start the C25K in the next few days and will mainly be doing it in the dark (either early morning or around 6pm) Around 2 minutes from me there is a huge park, the area is generally safe but I do worry about running with music on / headphones in for C25K.

I dont have a dog / friend to run with. Do others run at this time and feel safe?

xx

I love your signatures!

I wont run in the dark it just feels too creepy and you have to keep your wits about you when i'd rather lose myself tbh.

Statistically tho as an early morning jogger you are more likely to find the dead body than be one :D:D

Hehe... thanks for the advice :)

I run on the pavement around the park in the dark (and in the park at weekends and summer)

If you can remember the timings for the week you're on you don't need headphones in.

i walk my dog early (6am) see a few joggers/runner in my park which is unlit. I think being seen is best rather than being dark.

One runs with a pietzl style headset - get them from blacks or millets, petzl are expensive brand id get cheaper - its a headband with a small light. also someone has one those bike lights in red that flashes. they all say hello and i think that helps you kinda look out for people.

vary your routes and time if you can as well. id probably ditch my ipod/mp3 for now as well.

listen to your body when running (if its feeling good go further!) and your instinct for your safety. If it feels bad it isnt right and look for alternatives.

Back