Cakes!

StephCracknell

Silver Member
At WI last night we were asked to cook something SW friendly or bring in a recipe. Our leader made yoghurty ginger cake, which was a gorgeous sponge, and I made blueberry muffins which were lovely! I really do miss cake, so decided to give it a go. The recipe was for 6 muffins at 3 syns each, but I stretched it to make 9.

The yoghurt ginger cake is the 100 desserts cook book which I have ordered and will post the recipe when the book comes in but if anyone wants the muffin recipe I will post it.

x
Steph

3 syns per muffin and the recipe says this makes 6 muffins, but easily stretched to 9 which I did, I am rubbish at maths so not sure how many this this is now?

They were actually really nice, so if anyone is interested in the recipe it is:

200g/7 oz blueberries
30g/1 oz all bran, roughly crushed
2 tbsp artificial sweetener
60 ml/2 fl oz freshly squeezed orange juice
60g/2 oz self-raising flour
2 level tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 eggs lightly beaten

To serve: VLF natural yoghurt, blueberries (optional)

1. Preheat ove to 200 C/Gas 6
2. Place the blueberries, All Bran, sweetener and orange juice in a bowl and stir to mix well. Sift in the flour, baking powder and ground spices. Add the eggs and mix until fairly well blended.
3. Line the muffin tins with paper cases and spoon mixture into them. Place in the oven and bake 15-20 mins until risen and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and serve warm with a dollop of yoghurt and bueberries, if desired.

Nice cold as well

2 syns each x

Back