Cakes!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by StephCracknell, 1 February 2008 Social URL.

1. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    At WI last night we were asked to cook something SW friendly or bring in a recipe. Our leader made yoghurty ginger cake, which was a gorgeous sponge, and I made blueberry muffins which were lovely! I really do miss cake, so decided to give it a go. The recipe was for 6 muffins at 3 syns each, but I stretched it to make 9.

The yoghurt ginger cake is the 100 desserts cook book which I have ordered and will post the recipe when the book comes in but if anyone wants the muffin recipe I will post it.

x
    Steph

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. StephCracknell

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    3 syns per muffin and the recipe says this makes 6 muffins, but easily stretched to 9 which I did, I am rubbish at maths so not sure how many this this is now?

They were actually really nice, so if anyone is interested in the recipe it is:

200g/7 oz blueberries
    30g/1 oz all bran, roughly crushed
    2 tbsp artificial sweetener
    60 ml/2 fl oz freshly squeezed orange juice
    60g/2 oz self-raising flour
    2 level tsp baking powder
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    2 eggs lightly beaten

To serve: VLF natural yoghurt, blueberries (optional)

1. Preheat ove to 200 C/Gas 6
    2. Place the blueberries, All Bran, sweetener and orange juice in a bowl and stir to mix well. Sift in the flour, baking powder and ground spices. Add the eggs and mix until fairly well blended.
    3. Line the muffin tins with paper cases and spoon mixture into them. Place in the oven and bake 15-20 mins until risen and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and serve warm with a dollop of yoghurt and bueberries, if desired.

Nice cold as well

Mini likes this.
  4. ksmiuk

ksmiuk Gold Member

2 syns each x

5. StephCracknell

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    ooh thanks! that's not bad for the size of them!!

x

Mini likes this.
  6. SkinnyMalink

SkinnyMalink Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm going to make these for our buffet night tomorrow hooray! :D I shall tell you how they go down (with a trip to A&E knowing my cooking, but here's hoping!)

Last edited: 4 February 2008
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.