Calling all Jacket Potato experts!!!

jodidi

Silver Member
Me and indigo.seahorse need some ideas for jacket potato toppings! At our group on Tuesday our SWC is bringing in the Jackets and the group have got to bring in the toppings!

She said she didn't want 40 tins of beans, LOL! So has anyone any good ideas??? Any ideas will be much appreciated :), thanks from both of us :D!

Tuna & sweetcorn.
Tin of Stagg Chilli either the veggie one or the meat one.
Cottage Cheese with Onions & Chives.
Very Light Skinny Cow cheese triangles with chopped onion added to it.

I am not very inventive I'm afraid, but I hope these choices will help you.

try an italian chicken, chop up some tomato and herbs, a littleonion and soften in fry light with lots of chopped up chicken

Bolognese sauce is good or chilli.
Red lentils in a tomato sauce.
Chicken casserole is quite good heavy on the sauce less on the meat/veg.

Thanks, looks like I'll have to get the cooking pot out, lol!

Tuna melt jackets are one of my favourites. I adapted it from a very sinful (synful?) sandwich. Tuna mayo (make with Hellman's Extra Light and it's low syn), made with finely chopped red onion. Your HexA of cheddar cheese on top, with a side of fresh tomato salsa. You can buy the ready made stuff and syn it or just make a quickie version yourself by chopping up some fresh tomatoes and finely chopping a chili (or use chili powder), garlic, onions and fresh coriander. You can make it a bit juicier and sweet by adding a dash of balsamic vinegar. It's a fab combination!

ooooh- I like the ideas so far- I always end up with the same boring ones!

I like to make my own coleslaw by shredding cabbage (use red if you like to make 'pink' coleslaw- very pretty!) onion and cabbage.
You can mix this with fat free yoghurt for a syn free topping OR use a mixture of yoghurt and low fat moyo and just syn the mayo

Let us all know what other topping the rest of the class bring!

xxxx

Tuna melt jackets are one of my favourites. I adapted it from a very sinful (synful?) sandwich. Tuna mayo (make with Hellman's Extra Light and it's low syn), made with finely chopped red onion. Your HexA of cheddar cheese on top, with a side of fresh tomato salsa. You can buy the ready made stuff and syn it or just make a quickie version yourself by chopping up some fresh tomatoes and finely chopping a chili (or use chili powder), garlic, onions and fresh coriander. You can make it a bit juicier and sweet by adding a dash of balsamic vinegar. It's a fab combination!

wow! that sounds amazing! :D

I like to fry some quorn bacon in Frylight, add onions, peppers and sometimes mushrooms, baked beans, passata (just a tablespoon or two) and BBQ seasoning, lovely!!

id go for a simple option,
roast veg flavoured cous cous, topped with reduced fat grated cheese
and a big dollop of cottage cheese. hits the spot everytime. amazingly filling and free if u use the cheese as a HEXa and maybe half a syn depending on what cous cous. ive just eating that for dinner. and im very satified

Last edited:
What about homemade chicken curry, chilli or leek and broccoli bake in a cheese sauce (SW website and yummy on a jacket!)

Oh my, so many delish ideas, I dont know which to choose! The Tuna one sounds good but then I love homemade coleslaw!

Decisions decisions, LOL!

My fave thing to do is to make chilli, have it with rice one day, and then whack the leftovers on a jacket potato the next day for lunch. My chilli recipe (which is half a syn for about 3 big portions) is in the recipe section.

'Hi All

We have a taster evening in class next week, Jacket Potato toppings, would love some ideas:rolleyes: if anyone can spare a mo to put some on here. Any days, Red or Green.

Many Many Thanks:D'

How comes when I posted 2days ago, I didn't get any ideas?! Thats Just favouritism!!LOL

Thanks for the great ideas, they sound delicious and inventive!

Hugs:)

Well, taster session was lovely, someone bought in Quorn Chilli! How Gorgeous, gonna make a batch and stick it in freezer! I went with the Cous Cous and chickpeas.....

Hugs:)

Back