Calling all sw followers for support and inspiration!

tinkagem

Hello My most favourite people. I hope this post finds you all well, and losing lbs.

I am Gem, 27 from Devon (UK) and I have been off the plan due to work commitments (which sadly pushed me off the plan).

I am getting married on the 1st December, a little church wedding followed by the church hall.
I want to be wearing at least a size 12 dress (Which I have yet to purchase, as the Bridesmaids dresses havent arrived, and I want to match the colours) and hopefully be a little more toned, and healthy by that day.

For that reason, I need to get back on the wagon!
I am going to begin by creating a meal list- and doing my online shop which should keep me on track with only free/low syn food in the house.

I have yet to find out my new starting weight...I was 12st 7.5lb in April, losing my 10% before eating what I liked, and putting on weight.
I also feel like I have dropped a clothes size since stopping the plan, but I will need to confirm measurements.

If anyone has recently stopped/restarted, how easy did you find it?

Any new menus, low syn products? Let me know your secrets !:)

planning is KEY to success. also be strict with what you buy (even if you shop for other people too - my poor bf is no longer allowed crisps or choccie biccies as i do the food shopping and i wont buy them.) you dont need the temptation. Also CUT OUT SNACKS - completely!! This has helped me massively. If you snack a lot you may want to start cutting down first instead of going cold turkey but it works for me!

(it is more complicated than i can explain but when you eat your body digests what you have just eaten and then gets to work on your body's stores of fat. So not snacking at all (even on healthy things) works because if you snack then you restart your metabolism - this makes it start digesting the new food instead of working on your fat stores which is what you want!)

I stopped SW for a couple of weeks (so not sure if this counts as porperly stopping) and tried calorie counting as my losses stopped for about a month - STS can be such a drag after a week or two one after the other. Anyway i am back on it again doing red days and my losses are even better then before when i was on EE. I have started to include scan bran into my diet - its meant to help with weight loss and you can buy it at your group or holland and barrett.

The only other tip i can really give you is to exercise - even if its just for half an hour twice a week. It will start getting rid of the calories you are eating and help you tone (which is what you want for your wedding dress - no bingo wings allowed!!!). I have a food diary which may help if you want to take a look at it but i have only been recording things online for just under a week so it will build as i go forwards!

1st Dec is my bday so i will be keeping a keen eye on your progress.....

I lost my log in, but I am back!

I started off with a 2.5lb loss, then I stupidly had a naughty week (being the last week of the kids holidays) eating BBQ's, Cakes, Cheesecake, Nachos...all sorts of naughties!
After my gain yesterday I have now decided to get a week of SW plan under my belt!

So Far I have eaten 1x 60g bread roll (hcb), 2 x poached eggs, mushrooms and cherry tomatos fried with fry light..IT WAS AMAZING!

I shall take my lunch about 2pm and my Tea early maybe 5pm as I have a 'Cave Tour' this evening.
I'm thinking Stuffed Chicken (hca) with bacon and potato and veggie...and I have some Pasta and Sauce or Super Noodles if I get lazy- which I always eat with a tin of sweetcorn or some frozen peas.

I've got 1stone 5 to lose before Target, and I want to get there fast to save my monies!

I had Chicken and Mushroom Pasta 'n' Sauce with frozen peas for lunch. Yum.

I am going to create a new gym/exercise plan for this week.

2.5lb loss this week, taking me closer to the next bracket.

Hoping for a 3lb loss this week as I'd love to be under 11 stone this week.

I treated myself with a mini pralines and cream hagen daaz, half a caramel mars bar and some wensledale and cranberries!! < What a Piggy!

Getting back on it as from.........................now!

Back