Calorie counter seeking help

xj-esx

Silver Member
Hey all I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I've been calorie counting for a while and successfully lost weight. However recently since gaining weight and calorie counting again I'm finding it hard to even loose a pound a week. I've also gained on a 1200 daily calorie limit :(

I've had a look back on MFP and have seen that I often go over my carb and sugar limits. I'm wondering whether anyone has had the same issues? Not loosing weight on low calorie diet because of carbs being high in diet?

I never realised that my carb levels were high but now looking back its obvious to see I eat too many. I also feel sick and bloated from wheat etc yet still eat it :( silly me.

From Monday I'm going to cut out heavily based wheat products from my breakfast and have eggs etc instead and have cauliflower rice instead of rice to try and lower my carb levels.

Sent from my iPhone

Hiya,

I actually follow SW but the last 10 weeks I've had to track my calories as it seemed I was just taking in too many & either gaining or staying the same each week, even though I stuck to plan 100%.

I found myself having carbs with every meal so I totally cut back. Not altogether, as you do need carbs, but I make sure I have salad for lunch & my dinner is based around veg (veg curry with no rice for eg). Since trying this I've lost almost every week, in the 3 years I've been doing SW I've never been a consistent loser!

I also used to have two fried eggs (using fry light) on toast for breakfast every morning, I changed this to cereal with yogurt & I think this has also helped. I did a lot of research & eggs are great protein but having 2 a day wasn't doing me good so I also think that helped me lose more.

Really cut back on your carbs if you can & I bet it will make a difference.

xj-esx said:
Hey all I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I've been calorie counting for a while and successfully lost weight. However recently since gaining weight and calorie counting again I'm finding it hard to even loose a pound a week. I've also gained on a 1200 daily calorie limit :(

I've had a look back on MFP and have seen that I often go over my carb and sugar limits. I'm wondering whether anyone has had the same issues? Not loosing weight on low calorie diet because of carbs being high in diet?

I never realised that my carb levels were high but now looking back its obvious to see I eat too many. I also feel sick and bloated from wheat etc yet still eat it :( silly me.

From Monday I'm going to cut out heavily based wheat products from my breakfast and have eggs etc instead and have cauliflower rice instead of rice to try and lower my carb levels.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi I was tending to bloat when I ate bread and pasta and baked goods so a decided to try cutting them out and I felt much better and my weigh loss was better, I tried to eat low GI foods like the naked bars as snacks and apples, nuts and berries with plain yogurt, I stopped eating low fat snack items as well.

I now have at least 2-4 cups veg every day - mainly frozen as its easier, just no peas or corn

I don't eat any pasta, I eat some gluten free bread like the genius brand bread sometimes - it doesn't make me bloat. I don't eat cake unless it's a birthday and it's rude not to have a taste - I eat 2 mouthfuls and stop .. Just enough to be polite. I don't eat white potatoes, crisps, chips etc I have sweet potatoes instead maybe once a week if that.. I cook low fat with fry light spray oil, I do eat good fats like nuts, avocados and salad oils

I eat oat based items as they are mainly low GI, and only for breakfast, but not everyday. And I don't bloat on oats.

I also like dark choc sometimes too

What u reduce/ cut out in your diet has to fit in with your family life and situation - its a change of habits not so much of a short term diet :)

Mis-behave said:
I now have at least 2-4 cups veg every day - mainly frozen as its easier, just no peas or corn

I read this a few times, but never asked before.
Whats wrong with peas and corn. I dislike veg so its the only cooked veg i eat.

Peas and corn are classed as high in carbs/ high GI, where as Brocoli, cauliflower and other veg are carbs too but low GI/ low carb veg. Is better not to eat them if your reducing carbs etc.. Have green sliced beans, snow peas, mange tout etc and other veg

Mis-behave said:
Peas and corn are classed as high in carbs/ high GI, where as Brocoli, cauliflower and other veg are carbs too but low GI/ low carb veg. Is better not to eat them if your reducing carbs etc.. Have green sliced beans, snow peas, mange tout etc and other veg

Thanks.

I don't count/monitor my carbs at all.

Don't like any of the other veg listed so if its only carb levels i'm happy to keep eating them.

Agree that cutting carbs can really help. Keep a sharp watch on all low fat items - they often have sugar added which is not helping! Sometimes better to go with the original product and just have less:)

Kat1e said:
Agree that cutting carbs can really help. Keep a sharp watch on all low fat items - they often have sugar added which is not helping! Sometimes better to go with the original product and just have less:)

I like carbs and I'm losing whilst eating them. Focusing more on filing me up.

I'm not even going particularly low fat of diet items. What calorie counting is doing is teaching me portion size.

hey, i cut out bread, potatoes etc and anything fatty, im losing weight at min, stay away from bread , potatoes etc, i was on porridge for breakfast but needed fibre so swapped it for bran flakes, much tastier and has plenty of fibre, dont eat toast for breakfast, for dinner, i eat chicken stirfrys with rice or plain stirfry noodles with lots of veg, now im eating chicken with poached eggs (do not fry) and lettuce. and lunch, i just eat fruit after my daily 40 min exercise (dancing) im getting low calories and lost 8lbs so far :)

Back