Calorie counters, whats your exercise routine?

MellyMoo

Hi everyone, i was just wondering what exercise you all do? I need to up mine as it is currently non existant! So what do you do and how often do you do it?

Also, are there any workout dvds other than gillian michaels that you recommend? I borrowed the Hannah Waterman dvd off a friend watched it for about 5 minutes and had to turn it off as she irritated the hell out of me and i just ended up wanting to punch her in the face. lol.

I gym 3 times a week, I am trying to improve my stamina atm, so every time I go I do 5-10 minutes more on the cross trainer at high impact.. I started at 15 minutes, now I can do 40 :)
Then I do about 15 minutes on the bikes, sometimes some time on an evil strange steppy machine.

Rest of the time I do weights, trying to tone my legs, arms, chest etc. I do leg extentions, leg curls, bicep curls and a pec machine.

I want to get fit enough to go and do zumba, but atm I am an utter wimp with it!

Hi.....about a week ago my exercise was not existent but i now do 10 mins on the exercise bike at home and every week i am going to up it by 5 mins :)

I am trying to tone up for summer

Nothing as I have bone and joint problems. A little walk up the hill to the train station and uni leaves me aching like other people's 10 mile runs.

I do think exercise is most important for toning and diet for weight loss, so focusing on the latter for now. If I can ever stand the sight of myself in a swimming costume I might try that.

I do power walking. I do 30-60 mins 4-5 times a week. It costs nothing to do which is great and gets you outdoors. Did a 30 min walk in the pouring rain this morning and it was surprisingly refreshing.
I hope one day to up it to jogging but that is long long way off! :D

I try to do at least twice a week at the gym! I'm building up stamina to go back to spinning class and also in summer hoping to try cavewoman training. I have previous been to zumba classes and although I could keep up with the workout I didn't feel it was doing as much for me as going to the gym does!

I have a ministry of sound workout DVD which is quite good or if you have a wii or Xbox kinect the sports and dancing games get your heart racing!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My week typically looks like:

Monday: Personal Trainer Session, Running.

Tuesday: Gym.

Wednesday: Gym.

Thursday: Nothing

Friday: Personal Trainer Session, Circuit training.

Saturday / Sunday depends, usually just 1 trip to the gym.

Gym sessions I usually try for 1hr + 30mins swim. I do 30mins walking/jogging kind of like C25K and then either 30mins weights or 30mins xtrainer. Weights I do high reps low weights, been advised this is good for weight loss.

This is how my week goes ,

Monday am- cardio fit, pm- boot camp

Tuesday am- cardio fit

Wednesday pm - boot camp

For the rest of the week, I just try to stay active. :)

I walk as often as I can through lack of cash and having a 14month old we walk 3 miles most days and I'm loving it.. I do press ups on the stairs everytime I go the loo I do 10... Well when I remember to... I'm gonna start doing sit ups too... I've tried doing dance work outs but my living room is tiny ha ha so I bash into things! Ah well my hearts in it... Walkings my gave tho I love a good walk around the park :)

I go to the gym 3 or 4 time a week, and have built up to 60/70 minutes a a session before work.

I'm actually a bit desperate to get back in the gym tomorrow. I restarted my diet last Monday and have sp far lost 5.4lbs. It's 50% my exercise that has done it.

I normally fail between week 1 and 2, so I need to get on at the gym tomorrow, to ensure I'm staying on track.

Couple of walks out with the kids, three trips to the pool for lengths and aquafit, and hopefully from next week a few gym sessions too. I hate exercise so I tend to chop and change so I don't get bored. I really really really really detest the gym. But a few friends are signing up so hopefully I'll actually bother to go!!!!

I try and be realistic and do at least 200cals (20 mins) on my bike a day i find i often do way more than that once i get going but i never feel like ive let l've failed if cant do more

Couple of walks out with the kids, three trips to the pool for lengths and aquafit, and hopefully from next week a few gym sessions too. I hate exercise so I tend to chop and change so I don't get bored. I really really really really detest the gym. But a few friends are signing up so hopefully I'll actually bother to go!!!!

What's aquafit like? I'm considering trying it since there's a class at my local pool before I start university, but am a bit nervious about the swim suit issue.

KatiePillow said:
What's aquafit like? I'm considering trying it since there's a class at my local pool before I start university, but am a bit nervious about the swim suit issue.

Depends on the instructor lol after some sessions I can barely move my core and my shoulders and other are more cardio. I really enjoy it and I can always burn off a quick 200cal in lengths if I don't feel the session was hard enough :) the swim suit thing is all in our heads!! Nobody's looking.

I knoww. I just have awful stretch marks from where I gained my weight so fast.. the horrible purple ones too! And I have to wear an underwired bikini as well.. I want to try it though.
Are they usually single sex?
I might ask the OH to go with me, he can't really swim though >.< but he said he'd go to the pool with me sometime. >.<

*is such a wimp*

Because I am very overweight, I decided to do something low impact. I swim 4-5 times a week for about 45 mins - 1hr no breaks. I do not try and work out how much I have burned I just try and keep the calorie content low and hopefully it will work.I am going to add some landbased stuff like walking briskly etc in the next few weeks. I can not afford a gym right now but I know I will need to build up my routine as I lose more as it will take more effort to burn things the slimmer I am.

OMG you lot are putting me to utter shame. I do:

Monday: 1hr Body Combat
Tuesday: 1hr body combat
Wednesday: day off or possible 45mins in the gym
Thursday the opposite of thursday.
Friday: horse riding - 1hr
Saturday: 1hr body pump or gym
Sunday: day off or possible gym

BUT that is a good week, some weeks I only get my monday night combat in.

I do mainly exercise classes a typical week for me is...

On a Monday I run / walk 5 k and do bodyattack and then bodystep

On a Tuesday I do bodystep and bodypump

Wednesday personal training CBS bodycombat

Thursday bodybalance, bodystep and bodypump

Friday 5 k run / walk and bodycombat

Saturday bodystep

Sunday bodypump, bodycombat and bodybalance

As you can see I love classes, I much prefer them to the gym

I hardly do anything!! Before Baby I used to do a lot more, but now finding the time is tricky, so I tend to walk as much as possible on my days off with her (2-3 miles a day on average). It's not intense cardio but I walk quite fast and get my heart rate up a bit.
I go to an outdoor bootcamp class on a Tuesday and try to fit a run in another night of the week and a weekend morning. That doesn't always happen, and I'm not a good jogger, still building up.

Back