Calorie Counting- Losing weight whilst on maternity leave

silverviktor

This is my first post on my second day of dieting. I started dieting but then found out I was pregnant :) Ive now got a 16 week old little boy and decided now is the time to get rid of this weight.
I am 5 foot 9 and weigh 15st 10lbs with a BMI of 32.5. My first aim is to get to a healthy BMI of less than 25 which means 12st 1lb but my final goal is 11st. On my wedding day nearly 6 years ago I weighed 10st 4lbs. I would love to get back to that but that was too much hard work maintaining it. Now I have to put my little boy first!
I go back to work in May 2014 so have 38 weeks to lose 66lbs which means 1.7lbs a week loss needed.
Im aiming to eat around 1400 calories a day on average but will be looking at it on a weekly basis so some days may eat less and other days may eat a lot more (esp time of the month!)
In the past I have lost 8st 7lbs so I know it can be done and that I personally can do it. Since putting weight back on Ive been putting off losing weight as I knew I would be having a baby. Now is the time to tackle it!
I shall be recording my food here on a daily basis.
Wish me luck on this mega challenge!!!

Best of luck to you!! You've set a sensible goal in a good time frame so if you grab all the willpower you can muster you'll be grand :D

Yay - found you!!! You will do it, you have achieved much more last time this is easily doable as long as it is gradual so you are not depriving yourself too much!
We will have to think of low cal options for eating next weekend!!!!

Wed.
B-strawberries, grapes and yoghurt
L-tuscan bean soup, banana, freddo
D- thai green curry, peach slices

Weight today 15st 9lbs. Couldnt wait to weigh myself, what a turnaround!

Excited for hair cut tomorrow. Not had it cut in 3 months due to being a little preoccupied with my little baby :) going to have quite a few inches off i think and maybe a side fringe as the summer is nearly over.

Excited for hair cut tomorrow. Not had it cut in 3 months due to being a little preoccupied with my little baby :) going to have quite a few inches off i think and maybe a side fringe as the summer is nearly over.

Ha ha mine is getting a bit Brian may looking - not had it cut since before Jamaica as been camping every weekend! Really must sort it soon ;)

Fri
B- 2 weetabix, banana, s.milk
L- tuna salad, yoghurt, velvet crunch
D- thai green curry, yoghurt
Snack- grapes and strawberries

Sat
B- 2 weetabix, banana, milk
L- beans, scrambled egg, french fancy
Snack- wispa
D- quorn spag bol, yoghurt
3 more days till official weigh in day! Cant wait!

Back