Calorie counting my way to my bikini body!

starkissedx

Gold Member
Hello, I am not new to minimins...but i am normally always present on the weight watchers forum, where on pro points i lost 2stone taking me from almost 13 stone down to my LW of 10stone 13lbs. However since i saw that beautiful low 10stone bracket number on the scales i have gorged for nearly a week on complete crap! Takeaways, crisps, full sugar fizzy drinks, cakes....everything i could get my hands on.

I sheepishly jumped on the scales this morning and saw 11 stone 3lbs staring back at me...Eughh.

I have become complacent with WW. I cannot discredit the plan at all as i lost weight on it..although i ate alot of processed foods throughout. I want to get healthy and fit for this coming summer...and thats where calorie counting and exercise are hopefully going to go hand in hand and enable me to me looking bikini ready.

I plan on eat 1,200 cals on my non exercise days and then eat 1350ish...on my exercise days...i will be using myfitness pal to count my cals. I am aiming on alot more fruit and veg, less processed ready meals and no crisps/fizzy drinks/cakes/chocolate aka. my favourite friends....I am allowing myself one 'treat' meal a week that being either a restaurant meal or a takeaway (normally chinese in my case)

Lets hope this is the start to something great :)

Planned Intake for Day One :)

Breakfast- sachet of original oatso simple oats (98cals), 100g yeo valley fat free vanilla yoghurt (87cals), 10g almonds (60cals) and 2 large strawberries chopped (11cals)

Lunch- 2 slices granary bread (204cals), 10g flora light (28cals), 50g tesco chargrilled chicken pieces (55cals), 10g baby leaf salad leaves(2cals)

Snack
50g yeo valley fat free vanilla yoghurt(44cals), 1 chopped kiwi (25cals) with one smashed chewee cereal bar (90cals)

Dinner- 100g frozen mince (105cals), 100g mushrooms (16cals), 1 medium onion (30cals), chopped tomatoes (44cals) 1/4 old el paso chilli spice mix (27cals) 70g dry brown rice (118cals) 20g salad leaves (4cals)

Dessert- 1 banana (105cals) with 1 tablespoon low fat peanut butter (85cals)

Snack- 3 tuc crackers 75cals) with 1 light laughing cow cheese triangle (25cals) and 20g tesco chargrilled chicken (22cals)

Intake 1361cals
Outtake 205cals
= 1156cals

Happy enough with that, finding it really hard to track fruit and veg as i find myfitness pal is all american measurements such as cup etc...so I am just looking at average values i find online for them..

starkissedx said:
Hey hun :) Are you calorie counting too? How far you from goal now? x

Yeah I am. I'm a stone exactly from goal. I just can't stick to plan at the mo, whether it's WW or Sw so I'm just cal counting and trying to up my exercise.

Hello there fellow calorie-counter!! :)

Lovely to see new faces - how are you finding it so far? Is Day 1 today or planned for starting tomorrow?

I've calorie counted before (2009) and lost 4 and a half stone (!!) but, ashamedly, I put almost 3 of those back on (shocking!) but since restarting in January 2012 I have lost over a stone in 6 weeks :)

I eat (well, I AIM FOR ;)) 1,200 kcal a day too and find it relatively easy to stick to (when I want to!) - I do find though that I do turn to WW for things like deserts or snacks, simply because they're usually lower in calories than "normal" deserts and everyone needs a treat now and again! :)

Do you have a goal weight/bikini size? Have you a holiday booked? :) What sort of time scale are you looking at? He he - sorry..20 questions!! :)

MyFitnessPal is FAB isn't it :D do you have it on your phone?? The bar-code scanner is every lazy person (me!)'s dream!! he he

Good luck with your journey - link to my diary is below, please do keep in touch :) :) xx

Yeah I am. I'm a stone exactly from goal. I just can't stick to plan at the mo, whether it's WW or Sw so I'm just cal counting and trying to up my exercise.

Yeah i think calorie counting will be easier for maintenance also...i dont want to be counting points all my life! Cant believe how much iv ate today, feels so much more than ww! xx

Hello there fellow calorie-counter!! :)

Lovely to see new faces - how are you finding it so far? Is Day 1 today or planned for starting tomorrow?

I've calorie counted before (2009) and lost 4 and a half stone (!!) but, ashamedly, I put almost 3 of those back on (shocking!) but since restarting in January 2012 I have lost over a stone in 6 weeks :)

I eat (well, I AIM FOR ;)) 1,200 kcal a day too and find it relatively easy to stick to (when I want to!) - I do find though that I do turn to WW for things like deserts or snacks, simply because they're usually lower in calories than "normal" deserts and everyone needs a treat now and again! :)

Do you have a goal weight/bikini size? Have you a holiday booked? :) What sort of time scale are you looking at? He he - sorry..20 questions!! :)

MyFitnessPal is FAB isn't it :D do you have it on your phone?? The bar-code scanner is every lazy person (me!)'s dream!! he he

Good luck with your journey - link to my diary is below, please do keep in touch :) :) xx

Hey :) Today is day one and im loving it as far! Well done on your weightloss, a stone in 6weeks is fab!!

The weight watchers desserts are fab, i love the hot fruit crumble ones i used to have them and ambrosia low fat custard...omg its amazing :D Also skinny cow ice lollies are yum too!

No holiday booked as yet :( I got made redundant in Jan, and i dont want to book anything unless i get a job...im a student at the moment and have the old loan ha but i still dont want to end up broke...so fingers crossed i get a job asap and then im booking!! I went twice last summer and i felt chubby, i really want to feel confident and happy if i go again.

At the moment im a size 12 dress size...i would love to get to a ten but my main goal is to lose my belly and tone up everywhere...I lost all my weight with diet alone and so im going to start exercising and hopefully it will tone up..I just want rid of the spare tyre, muffin top and bingo wings ha....not asking alot really ha ;)

I like myfitness pal, but i hate the americanised measurements...like im really pedantic about things and hate guessing things but alot of the fruit and veg is in cups etc and not in grams...bugs me...but other than that loving it :) Also i never knew about barcode thing, so must check that out!

Will check up on your diary also
xx

Today has went 100% as planned and going to have my crackers with some chicken round 8.30ish..I feel really satisifed and alot fuller than normal so i hope im not over eating although i have taken into consideration my exercise today which was c25k week 4 day one.

Exciting news is that i signed up to the gym today :D YAY. I have two personal training sessions, free classes and multigym pass. This means i have now excuse not too exercise. Looking forward to personal training and to be told what to do to get rid of this extra fat which wont get off my belly and thighs!

OH is getting takeaway tonight....:( But i wont have anything, me getting to goal is more important than anything right now...

:) thank you!! I feel so much better already even for having just got off a stone (still a little way to go yet though..) but I can genuinely really feel a difference.! And I'm looking forward to social situations again rather than dreading them and worrying about what I'll wear and what people will think I look like!! :)

Oooh, I've never tried the hot crumbles.. it's strange because I absolutely adore them! Maybe I've just never happened across them in the supermarket.. I will keep my eyes well and truly peeled from now on!!

What are you studying? I just graduated last July and have had a few temporary jobs through agencies (like the one I'm in now) but nothing permanent as of yet :( good luck for happy, skinny hols..!! :D I'm really hoping to get away, it's not really me thats the problem - it's my friends lol!! :rolleyes:

He he - what exercise do you prefer? I've heard tons of people talking about this '30 day shred' on here and I'm considering buying the DVD - I literally do no exercise at the moment, so bad!!

Ah God, I totally feel your pain with the americanised measurements... I'm sure I've lost hair over them lol. Have you discovered the barcode scanner yet? I literally spend half my day on that thing - every time something enters my mouth it gets swooshed and beeped lol :eek:

How have you been getting on the past couple of days? I've been a bit naughty...ooops! xx

Last edited:
:) thank you!! I feel so much better already even for having just got off a stone (still a little way to go yet though..) but I can genuinely really feel a difference.! And I'm looking forward to social situations again rather than dreading them and worrying about what I'll wear and what people will think I look like!! :)

Oooh, I've never tried the hot crumbles.. it's strange because I absolutely adore them! Maybe I've just never happened across them in the supermarket.. I will keep my eyes well and truly peeled from now on!!

What are you studying? I just graduated last July and have had a few temporary jobs through agencies (like the one I'm in now) but nothing permanent as of yet :( good luck for happy, skinny hols..!! :D I'm really hoping to get away, it's not really me thats the problem - it's my friends lol!! :rolleyes:

He he - what exercise do you prefer? I've heard tons of people talking about this '30 day shred' on here and I'm considering buying the DVD - I literally do no exercise at the moment, so bad!!

Ah God, I totally feel your pain with the americanised measurements... I'm sure I've lost hair over them lol. Have you discovered the barcode scanner yet? I literally spend half my day on that thing - every time something enters my mouth it gets swooshed and beeped lol :eek:

How have you been getting on the past couple of days? I've been a bit naughty...ooops! xx

I havent updated this in a few days...but been on track, havent been counting 100% but eating healthy as possible. Joined the gym too, loving it been twice since i joined on Tuesday night :) Going out for my couch to 5k week 4 day 2 tomorrow, and then back to gym on Monday. Did my sports relief mile on the stationary bike today in 2mins 43 :) Which i was happy about!

I study english literature, im so scared about not being a student no more :/ Plan is to apply for pgce starting september 2013...but then im thinking maybe masters? So i shall see..taking this year out hopefully get a full time job and get some experience in the classroom too.

I have 30day shred its hardcore ha. It is a dvd which last 20mins for a workout, meant to last 30days, and there are 3 levels you work up...leaves you in pain next day so it must work! I have no motivation to do the dvds at home though so they sit lonely on the shelf at the mo ha! I started the couch to 5k programme which is really good, for novice runners and at the end you can run 5k...girls on ww forum i know did it and have did 5k runs and now are in for 10ks! I love it and i never could run the length of myself and now at week four i ran 5mins without stopping which i massive for me! At the gym i did 30mins on crosstrainer today which worked out almost 6k, and then some work on the bike, 10mins on the rower and then did some weights and resistance stuff...really enjoy it.

This weekend will be a test going out for a meal tonight...although all iv had today is oatso, fat free yoghurt and banana and a low fat 6inch wheat ham sub from subway..so gonna treat myself tonight. Tomorrow im going to a bbq.....eek.

Going to be weighing in fridays from now on as it means i can be bit more relaxed on fri and sat and get back on track sunday-thursday and hopefully shall still lose...forgot to weigh in before breakie today so did it after and id still lost a pound even with my oats and stuff so probs a bit more if id remembered!

Want to be in the tens next week!!

xx

Have neglected this diary abit last few days ooops...Havent been 100% on the calorie counting but made healthy choices. Forgot to weigh in today before my breakfast...so did after and even with a full stomach of oats, yoghurt and banana still lost a pound :) So yay...thats from tuesday till today so happy enough with that..

This weekend will be hard to count as out for meal tonight and bbq tomorrow so plan is to eat light during day and eat more on the night. Then back 100% on sunday.

Been gyming it twice since tuesday also...So hopefully with exercise and keeping a sensible healthy head on i should get a loss come next friday...11stone 2lbs today would love to be in the tens come next friday but we will have to see how i go...3lbs might be asking for too much

Diary looks good hun. Well done with the 1lb loss, that's great since tue and to say u weighed after breakfast! :) x x

kezzalicious30 said:
Diary looks good hun. Well done with the 1lb loss, that's great since tue and to say u weighed after breakfast! :) x x

Oh god!!!! This weekend has been bad food wise :( Friday night had chilli beef stirfry with garlic fries and vanilla cheesecake in a restaurant. Saturday I went to a BBQ and had one burger in a bun, one sausage and one chicken fillet with some salad stuff and a choc chip muffin...and today went out for the day and had bounty and raspberry fudge icecream and a Chinese takeaway!!!

On it 100% tomorrow, going away for a few days next Monday and I need to be feeling alot less bloated and huge than I do right now!

Back