Calorie limits

Hi,

Do you know how important it is to stick to the calorie limits that the JUDD calculater gives you? I just looked at mine & they are 334 / 1672, which is actually much lower than I was expecting :-( On my DDs I was sticking to under 500, but now I think that may be too high? Do you think this could have caused my relatively low loss in my first week?

And do you think it's more important that I stick to the DD limit or the UP day one? (or are they both equally important?)

Sorry for all the questions! And thanks in advance for your help :-D

Hi Emmster,:)

I've only been doing JUDDD 5 weeks so i'm no expert & more experienced JuDDers please correct me if i'm wrong. I have read a lot of info here & on other forums from experienced JuDDers & asked similar questions when I started, so here are my thoughts.

Down Days
I dont know If you have just started & doing the 2 week Induction Phase where 500 cal DDs are suggested to ease you into your semi fasting DDs until you can manage the DDs from the site calculator. You can stay @ 500 cals if you cant face going lower, but it may slightly slow the losses until the SirT gene kicks in - depends what your comfortable with.

I've read that it can take a few weeks ( 2 - 8 depending on your metabolism) for the SirT gene to kick in which really gets the weight moving, so if your new to it give it a few weeks, a month @ least.
I lost 2lb in my first week, 3lbs in my second & only 1/2lb in my 3rd so it does vary.
How long have you been JUDDDing & How much did you lose?
From what I've read losses depends on on whether your a fast or a slow loser & how close you are to goal

Up Days
The UD cals are a guide to help you to not go overboard, It is suppose to take you out of starvation mode from your DDs & raise your metabolism. Some People dont calorie count but eat until satisfied but try to keep it reasonable.

I dont know if this is helpful or not but the main thing is to give it time..good luck :)

Good advice from Dee x What I would say to new starters is to try and get your DD s right, aim for 500 or under but no more, in my opinion its the DD s that are the magic because my UP days are well known for being UP UP and away a lot of the time !!
Just from personal experience but I was eating just 150 cals on my DD s as I was only having milk in tea and coffee, I found that eating made me hungrier, but I was reading on an American forum that others who were like me found that increasing their DD s back to 500 actually helped with weight loss, I increased my DD to 500cals on monday and lost 5lbs (I daily weigh) so I would suggest eating your DD cals but no more than 500 and aim for 2000 on an UP and you shouldn't go far wrong,the figures are only a guide and dr johnson says that you can eat normally on an UP day eat until satisfied x 2lbs a week loss is average as on any other diet (apart from vlcd that is) but your diet only ever lasts for 1 day at a time so it makes it easy to do longterm therefore you are more likely to reach your goal and stay there. Also a lot of Juddd effects are not always shown on the scales, look out for actual size loss, its been far quicker for me than any other weight loss plan x

Morning! Thanks for your replies :) I am definitely keeping at it, this is only my 2nd wk! It's just with every other diet (I've tried a lot!) I get by far the biggest loss in my 1st week & then it very quickly slows down. Whereas this time I started after a few wks of massively over-eating & only lost 1 lb.

However I do think this diet will suit me phycologically & I will have more patience with slow losses / stalls. My diets always fail for 2 reasons - 1) after a couple of months or so I usually stop losing & as I'm already getting fed up of restrictive eating & I don't feel I look any different (my losses tend to be very slow after the initial 1-2 wks) then I give up & 2) at some point I have a big cheat, feel like a failure, & go on a massive binge!

I'm hoping this is much likely to happen on judd - i can cope with restrictive eating one day at a time - it's usually social occasions that I find difficult but I can now plan my DDs around them :) Also, as the diet is so flexiblr, I don't think that 'cheating' will be as likely to lead to total binges - as I just start the next day with a DD.

Sorry for the mini ramble. And thanks again fir the advice :)

Sounds like Juddd will suit you perfectly, good luck with week 2 and keep an eye out for those NSV :)

littlemumma said:
Nsv?? Sorry for all questions!!!

Non Scale Victories - like fitting in those jeans or someone noticing you've list weight etc

No daft questions Hun xx

Sorry ! Should have explained x

Back