Calorie shifting/Calorie cycling

Discussion in 'All Other Diets' started by SerenityValley, 26 June 2009 Social URL.

1. SerenityValley

SerenityValley Surgically happy.

Start Weight:
    23st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(50.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Gastric bypass
    Anyway know much about this? I think the principle is that yuou don't try to keep a constant level of calorie intake but vary it daily, as it fools the body into thinking food is plentiful and keeps the metabolism active.

I've only just had someone mention it to me, as I'd asked them about having varying calorie levels (I was having 5 "lean" days, 2 normal days). I like the idea - I'm basically in the process of deciding wwhether to maintain at 13st 1lb, or whether to puch lower and the approach sounds like ot's potentially a good idea.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, theoretically it's a good idea. Helps keep the metabolism up.

Note though that it's not usually done as 2 'high' days in a row, and your lowest day needs to be followed by your highest day (ideally)

Personally, I just prefer to eat 'normally' every day :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.