Calories and ketosis

Lizzyliz0

Silver Member
Hi everyone, I've got myself a bit confused and need advice.

I'm going out for a meal in Friday evening. I'm only planning on having steak and salad or veg, if I go over the 650 calories for the day does that kick me out of ketosis or is that just carbs? I don't mind going over calories for one day but want to be able to be back to normal the next day, rather than having to go through ketosis all again. Anyone know if this is ok?

Also, what can I drink? I don't drink coke...

Many thanks!

Hi!

From my knowledge it's just carbs you need to worry about, I've been told not to stress too much over calories.

Drinks wise, if you don't drink coke then it's only water you can have (unless you fancy a tea or coffee with your dinner!)

Enjoy your meal out :)

Yep - calories are fine (Atkins also works with ketosis but is much higher calorie) - it's carbs which affect ketosis. Steak and salad will be fine - careful of any dressing on the salad though. I would normally have a large bottle of sparkling water - feels like a nice drink to have.

Thanks guys. I'm hoping to stick with the calories as much as possible but I don't want to be cutting my steak in half if it looks yum! Only going to weather spoons with a friend but it should be a good night out.

Ooo yum! Yeah sparkling water in a wine glass! That way you'll drink it slower and it'll seem like a posh treat! :) it's all about tricking the mind!! Lol. Enjoy xx

Ooo yum! Yeah sparkling water in a wine glass! That way you'll drink it slower and it'll seem like a posh treat! :) it's all about tricking the mind!! Lol. Enjoy xx

Would much rather wine, but don't want to come out of ketosis for it. Not keen on sparkling water but will definitely give it a go, otherwise ill just drink normal water too quickly and be on the loo all night! X

Could join next years X factor, as one if those bands with a really big back story 'yes, we were all 5 stone heavier this time last year but look at us now...' Then we all jump out in bikinis! Not that I've thought about it much, haha

Omg that's too funny. The background shots would be hilarious. My bikini days are over too. At this point I should also confess I'm tone deaf - tho there's always one in the band who can't sing ;) x

I will join your band but not in a bikini, no chance even at my lightest weight!

Back