Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Calories... Hmmm?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by BrianSecretAgent, 20 June 2010 Social URL.

1. BrianSecretAgent

BrianSecretAgent Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st13lb
    Current Weight:
    23st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(6.02%)
    Diet:
    Atkins!
    Does it matter how many calories you take - as long as your carbs are kept low?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gemsie26

Gemsie26 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.27%)
    Diet:
    Low Calorie/Atkins
    I'm not too sure, but I bet Jim will know. Personally I am watching my calories - not closely, but making sure I am not eating stupid ammounts of the wrong kind of food. Alcohol has been my achilles heel this week.. How many calories are you averaging a day?

4. BrianSecretAgent

BrianSecretAgent Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st13lb
    Current Weight:
    23st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(6.02%)
    Diet:
    Atkins!
    I hadn't really been checking... I was just curious, probably becaus Atkins is counter intuitive? I guess I'm nervous becuase it doesn't feel like a diet. Today I have had exactly - a big kind of stir fry with broccoli/bacon/chicken/mushrooms/spring onion with some spicy cheese on top for a late brunch. + 1pint of water. then I had a half tin corn beef and a spring onion early afternoon. + smaller glass of water. Then just now - I have had a big 7 ounce steak? with lots of veg - broccoli/cougette/red pepper/ pak choi /little corn and onion - and a pint of water. And will have some s-free jelly mixed with a little double cream...
    Am I way off?

5. StephenP

StephenP Mines a V&T Please

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Keep to the 20g carbs a day and the rest will follow, you will find that your food intake will level out i stayed on induction for 4 weeks no booze.

Stephen

6. StephenP

StephenP Mines a V&T Please

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    sounds great Brian i feel guilty know eating cerial much prefer a cooked breakfast, the only draw back with diet or eating plan is you always cook no short cuts.

7. Jiggly

Jiggly Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.12%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    All good Brian, the beauty of this diet is that you don't count or worry about the calories - as the other said, just keep below 20 carbs and all with be good :)

8. Gemsie26

Gemsie26 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.27%)
    Diet:
    Low Calorie/Atkins
    Yeah 20g of carbs on induction. Some veggies are quite high on carbs, so just be mindful of that. :)

9. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Remember folks, 15g of daily net carbs must come from veggies so watch out for yummy onions - spring onions have fewer carbs x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.