Calories... Hmmm?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by BrianSecretAgent, 20 June 2010 Social URL.

1. BrianSecretAgent

BrianSecretAgent Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st13lb
    Current Weight:
    23st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(6.02%)
    Diet:
    Atkins!
    Does it matter how many calories you take - as long as your carbs are kept low?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gemsie26

Gemsie26 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.27%)
    Diet:
    Low Calorie/Atkins
    I'm not too sure, but I bet Jim will know. Personally I am watching my calories - not closely, but making sure I am not eating stupid ammounts of the wrong kind of food. Alcohol has been my achilles heel this week.. How many calories are you averaging a day?

4. BrianSecretAgent

BrianSecretAgent Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st13lb
    Current Weight:
    23st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(6.02%)
    Diet:
    Atkins!
    I hadn't really been checking... I was just curious, probably becaus Atkins is counter intuitive? I guess I'm nervous becuase it doesn't feel like a diet. Today I have had exactly - a big kind of stir fry with broccoli/bacon/chicken/mushrooms/spring onion with some spicy cheese on top for a late brunch. + 1pint of water. then I had a half tin corn beef and a spring onion early afternoon. + smaller glass of water. Then just now - I have had a big 7 ounce steak? with lots of veg - broccoli/cougette/red pepper/ pak choi /little corn and onion - and a pint of water. And will have some s-free jelly mixed with a little double cream...
    Am I way off?

5. StephenP

StephenP Mines a V&T Please

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Keep to the 20g carbs a day and the rest will follow, you will find that your food intake will level out i stayed on induction for 4 weeks no booze.

Stephen

6. StephenP

StephenP Mines a V&T Please

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    sounds great Brian i feel guilty know eating cerial much prefer a cooked breakfast, the only draw back with diet or eating plan is you always cook no short cuts.

7. Jiggly

Jiggly Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.12%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    All good Brian, the beauty of this diet is that you don't count or worry about the calories - as the other said, just keep below 20 carbs and all with be good :)

8. Gemsie26

Gemsie26 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.27%)
    Diet:
    Low Calorie/Atkins
    Yeah 20g of carbs on induction. Some veggies are quite high on carbs, so just be mindful of that. :)

9. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Remember folks, 15g of daily net carbs must come from veggies so watch out for yummy onions - spring onions have fewer carbs x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.