• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Calories... Hmmm?

Gemsie26

S: 15st10lb C: 14st8lb G: 9st9lb BMI: 32.9 Loss: 1st2lb(7.27%)
I'm not too sure, but I bet Jim will know. Personally I am watching my calories - not closely, but making sure I am not eating stupid ammounts of the wrong kind of food. Alcohol has been my achilles heel this week.. How many calories are you averaging a day?

S: 24st13lb C: 23st6lb G: 12st10lb BMI: 42.1 Loss: 1st7lb(6.02%)
I hadn't really been checking... I was just curious, probably becaus Atkins is counter intuitive? I guess I'm nervous becuase it doesn't feel like a diet. Today I have had exactly - a big kind of stir fry with broccoli/bacon/chicken/mushrooms/spring onion with some spicy cheese on top for a late brunch. + 1pint of water. then I had a half tin corn beef and a spring onion early afternoon. + smaller glass of water. Then just now - I have had a big 7 ounce steak? with lots of veg - broccoli/cougette/red pepper/ pak choi /little corn and onion - and a pint of water. And will have some s-free jelly mixed with a little double cream...
Am I way off?

StephenP

Mines a V&T Please
S: 14st8lb C: 13st0lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 1st8lb(10.78%)
Keep to the 20g carbs a day and the rest will follow, you will find that your food intake will level out i stayed on induction for 4 weeks no booze.

Stephen

StephenP

Mines a V&T Please
S: 14st8lb C: 13st0lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 1st8lb(10.78%)
I hadn't really been checking... I was just curious, probably becaus Atkins is counter intuitive? I guess I'm nervous becuase it doesn't feel like a diet. Today I have had exactly - a big kind of stir fry with broccoli/bacon/chicken/mushrooms/spring onion with some spicy cheese on top for a late brunch. + 1pint of water. then I had a half tin corn beef and a spring onion early afternoon. + smaller glass of water. Then just now - I have had a big 7 ounce steak? with lots of veg - broccoli/cougette/red pepper/ pak choi /little corn and onion - and a pint of water. And will have some s-free jelly mixed with a little double cream...
Am I way off?
sounds great Brian i feel guilty know eating cerial much prefer a cooked breakfast, the only draw back with diet or eating plan is you always cook no short cuts.

Jiggly

S: 12st2lb C: 11st9lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 26.3 Loss: 0st7lb(4.12%)
All good Brian, the beauty of this diet is that you don't count or worry about the calories - as the other said, just keep below 20 carbs and all with be good :)

Gemsie26

S: 15st10lb C: 14st8lb G: 9st9lb BMI: 32.9 Loss: 1st2lb(7.27%)
Yeah 20g of carbs on induction. Some veggies are quite high on carbs, so just be mindful of that. :)

Remember folks, 15g of daily net carbs must come from veggies so watch out for yummy onions - spring onions have fewer carbs x