Calories in Oat Bran

borntofly

In it to win it.
Hi. Can anyone confirm how many calories are in two table spoons of oat bran. I googled it and some estimates say 30 calories dry. However I find it hard to believe a bowl of oat bran porridge or a cookie is just 30 calories. I binned the wrapper from my oat bran bag so I can't see the nutritional value of my oat bran.

I know it's not about counting calories but I'm thinking long term I could make up a batch of these and they might help limit the damage if I stray off plan

I make oatbran *about* 40 calories per tablespoon, so that would be 80 calories for your two.

P x

Agree with P

Porridge made with water would be low calorie, but cookies have other ingredients and most people have porridge with milk. The damage going off-plan is not just calories but mainly amounts of carbohydrates and fat.

I have porridge with milk almost everyday. Before Dukan I'd never consider eating just 100 cals for breakfast! But the plan really does work because I'm never hungry until lunch and even if I am I know I can have some protein snacks. Yum yum!

Back