calories in ready made sauces!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by ilovedogs, 4 May 2009 Social URL.

1. ilovedogs

ilovedogs Full Member

How do you count the calories in a ready made sauce? I have some pasta n sauce and it says 465 cals. is this with or without the milk needed to make it. Also what about a packet sauce? Are the calories listed on the back with or without the meat you need to add?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Dramatic_Star

Dramatic_Star Calorie Counter

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Low calorie
    Its usually just the sauce unfortunatly. :( Although 465 cals seems a lot for a jar of sauce. If you check per serving, it may be a lot lower which would suggest that you should only consume 1/4 or maybe 1/2 in one meal.

Most of the low calorie sauces have the amount of cals clearly labelled on the front of the jar because its a real selling point. Unfortunatly, the delicious sauces full of fat hide their cals on the back!
  4. Lu4law

Lu4law Member

Hi, i tried WW tom and garlic sauce it said i think was 120 cals , it was written half a jar is 60 cal it was not gr8 taste wise- cant complain with the calories....... hope that helps i kinda mix and match when i go shopping just look around brands like lite choices, WW and other diety stuff.:)
  5. ilovedogs

ilovedogs Full Member

Its Bachelors dried pasta n sauce which says 465cals but I wonder if I have to add the milk also?
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.