Calories

natlou79

Think someone may have asked this question before, but I have entered into my fitness plan what I have eaten for the day and it's saying I am not eating the right amount of calories for weight loss and my body may go into starvation mode. Should I go by this or just continue wot I'm doing?

I have been doing this on MFP too and i on many fays im not surpassing 900 cal and thats even when im putting my oat bran in! I reduced my daily cal to 1200 and the theatrical red lights seemed to stop flashing! In terms of starvation mode im not worrying as i feel full and satisfied. My justification is that if im eating lots, am satisfied and never hungy on less cal my body is unlikely to starve. if i was hungry and faint thats a different story

i've been going below my calorie target for 2 weeks now and really haven't lost much weight, I think sticking closer to your target is a lot better for weight loss. Even if you feel full your body could be in starvation mode.

I use my fitness pal to log my food and excersise on the go and monitor weight loss - it does count the calories though. My aim is not to count calories, it's just a biproduct of using a good app that I like

I know we don't count calories on Dukan but I think it is still important to make sure we are getting enough so that we lose weight. If we eat below an absolute minimum of 1200 calories our loss most probably will stop or slow at best.

The below site is an interesting one in my opinion. She lost 25 pounds in one month to reach her tw by meticulously eating the calories for the tw she wanted to reach. it was I believe 1477 calories that is needed for 123 pounds for her height.

Dukan doesn't count calories but our bodies can still go into a starvation mode and hold onto calories if we don't eat enough so depending on your tw I would say it is best to try to not to eat less that around 1400 calories.

By the way, I am trying to follow my own advice because I find I sometimes fall below that. I am now trying to enter what I eat into Fitday.com.

How I Lost 25 Pounds in One Month

I'd be interested to see what you eat to get to 1,400 on this diet on a PP diet!

I used to use this sort of a site and, although I think I eat far more than most (from what people post on their menus at least), yet rarely went over 900 on PP and 1,100 perhaps on PV if I was particularly heavy handed on veg!

:confused:I wanted to start looking at my calories in take, I remember someone posting a link to a website which you could do it.. but now I can't find it

I'd be interested to see what you eat to get to 1,400 on this diet on a PP diet!

I used to use this sort of a site and, although I think I eat far more than most (from what people post on their menus at least), yet rarely went over 900 on PP and 1,100 perhaps on PV if I was particularly heavy handed on veg!

I am trying to eat more protein. I am a real slow loser but have lost 4 pounds this week! Having said that it is the last of the seven (or more, didn't weigh straight away, too frightened!) I put on over two weeks of Christmas.:(

I am really trying to pay more attention to this to see if it does make a difference. I have no trouble on days I have beef, in fact my calorie intake on those day I do is too high. I think I will watch that as well.

DeeCe, as I mentioned in my previous post the site I use to keep track of my calorie intake is www.fitday.com

My weight loss was extremely slow and I stalled for ages, otherwise, if I lost easily like most on here I wouldn't bother either. But if it helps to make sure I eat enough to lose then it is worth having a look at the calories I have each day.

This may be the case with others like me that struggle and perhaps this is the reason. I will let you know if I get past the barrier. :)

Any news on that?

I assume that is for me?

If so, sadly not too good. My official weigh in is Friday but I am pretty much the same as I was last week.:(

My weight can fluctuate a pound or two (sometimes more!) during a week each week. But I weighed in at 132.4 this morning, last Friday I weighed in at 132.8 but Saturday was 132.4! I however was 133.3 on Sunday, aargh!!

I keep saying every week I will have to try something else if I don't see it move this week but I just hate giving up on it. What will I try?!:sigh:

So it looks like the calorie idea doesn't work after all!! At least for me. I did have a few days where my calories were too low but but were around 1000 or 1100.

Samjay, the only thing I do is the 30 minute walk, I sometimes do an hour. If the weather is bad I will use a stepper inside. I know I really should do more though.

Do you post menus Slim? You never know... and your Dukan "true weight" is 10lbs less than you weigh now? I saw you lost 4lbs last week so no loss this weight is fair enough perhaps. I'm losing at the rate of a snail too now. Have you restarted Dukan several times (sorry I can't recall offhand!)?

Back