Total Solution Calorina's 2013 Exante Adventures

Calorina

THE STORY SO FAR...
Well, I'm back. I originally lost 3 stone on Lighter Life a few years ago, then gained it back after quitting smoking. Then I lost another 2 stone on Exante Total Solution last year. I gained a bit back, and have been following the 5:2 diet (which I LOVE) this year. However I'm off to Sicily to bake on the beach in September, so now I'll be Exanteing for a few weeks to give me a kick-start - both in terms of weight loss and a sense of power and discipline. I plan to go back on 5:2 when I return from Sicily.

THE PLAN...
Exante Total Solution for four weeks. There's then a week of birthdays, weddings and parties during which I'll refeed then indulge if and when. Finally another three weeks of Total Solution, and then Sicily. I hope to lose about 20lb in total.

In addition I'll be doing the 30 Day Shred every week day (I'm currently on level 2) - I might have to dial down the cardio a bit, and after a couple of weeks I'll be alternating it with the Couch to 5k running plan, as I'm running a 5k fun run in October!

This is the PLAN, anyway...

TODAY SO FAR
Packs: 2 (after deciding to only have shakes this week I had two Tesco Ultraslim bars. Talk about self-sabotage..)
Water: 2 litres
Drinks: 2 pints of black coffee(!)

Today was my first day. I didn't Shred today as I had a touch of heat stroke from the last couple of days. I'm working from home this week so I can get into ketosis without feeling woozy in the office. So far it's been okay - BF is eating a delicious chicken noodle broth beside me and I'm not too bothered. Not looking forward to the induction period, but I do feel a weird sense of peace that I've decided to do this. My eating was getting a little out of control - even with the 5:2 plan - so this kick-start has come at the right time.

Enough talking, it's time for my dinner pack!

Second day - so far so good. Managed to do a Shred this morning, despite the intense heat, and used up the last of my Tesco ultraslim bars to avoid temptation, too. Was quite busy working but haven't been too hungry so far. Bit headachey now though, but work's all done so have taken some Ibuprofen and am kicking back with a fizzy glass of Exante orange drink, because I LIVE ON THE EDGE.

I will admit to having looked longingly at the bottle of gin in the kitchen though. This evening i plan to do big fat nothing, which I like the sound of.

It is nice to be freed from my recent cycle of 'bad' eating. Onwards and downwards, to my Sicily bikini.

Day 3 done! It's not been as horrible as I remember the first week usually being - I don't know if that's because I know what I'm in for, because it's so hot, or because I've just been so busy working from home. Last night I went to bed with a very familiar headache. It was gone this morning, but I did feel a bit woozy, so hopefully ketosis is not far away. I have been shooting myself in the foot today, though, by (ahem) having THREE BARS. I'm not proud. I can only assume it's my rebellious self acting out, but I plan to stick to shakes for the next couple of days.

Not sure what I think of the orange drink - it tastes a bit Dioralytey! Tomorrow, in addition to knocking the bars on the head I plan to do a workout in the morning (gently if necessary). But today - all my packs, all my water and some Coke Zero - a diddle. One thing that helps is that I can have my beloved Douwe Egberts hazelnut flavoured coffee on the diet - which I drink black and out of a pint mug in the morning. Really sets my day off well, and I may experiment with a hot vanilla shake tomorrow... if I'm feeling brave.

WARNING: FOOD TALK

Right, need to catch up a bit here - just been really busy. So, disaster almost fell on day 6 - I was just in ketosis and travelled to see my mother... Who had laid on a surprise lunch for me!

I was recently promoted at work, and hadn't seen her since before then. I tried to explain that I'd been dieting but she wouldn't take no for an answer. She's been really unwell and this was the first thing she'd cooked for months, so it would have broken her heart if I said no.

Luckily, it was all ketosis-friendly (smoked salmon, steak and asparagus), apart from the champagne and crême brulée. I went straight back on plan the next day and was back in ketosis within 2.

I lost 5.6lb in the first week. Second weigh in is tomorrow. I'm doing a mix of total solution and working solution, and have had the odd (diet, lemon-free) g&t, so I'll see how I do. Everything feels a bit looser though.

This morning I also mixed up the following in my Exante shaker:
3 sweeteners
2 tsp Douwe Egberts chocolate flavour coffee
1 banana shake
400ml water
3 ice cubes

I then drank it through a straw - delicious! Like a chocobanana frappuccino. Try it!

Back