Step 1 Sole Source Cambridge afterlife

sczoo90

Hello fellow dieters,

This may seem like a very strange post but would love to know, after you have finished Cambridge (in my case 2 stone needs to go!)

How do you not make yourself gain it again?
Has anyone completed their goal and stuck?
I imagine you need a change in lifestyle, eating habits etc but I just don't want to pay £56 a week for say a few months and then find I'm piling back on lol..

I did join my local gym the other week (yay) and had a personal training session but being on 600cals a day and doing intense work out is no good at this time, the session had to stop as I was white as a sheet and felt on the verge of fainting.

Be nice to hear everyone's thoughts.

Take care :)

Hi Sczoo!

Now, I'm a classic case of what you don't wanna do. :D Although in my defence, it's taken several years for the weight to creep back on again and I'm still not as heavy as I was originally.

Scoot on over to the Cambridge Diary forum and check out Gretagrip's diary then Kira's diary. Both of them are now playing and winning the maintenance game and it makes for fascinating reading.

For what it's worth, I think it's great that you're thinking about this now. Whatever you decide, it needs to be something you can sustain, enjoy doing, and has enough leeway in it for you to enjoy high days and holidays without doing too much damage.

Hi Sczoo!

Now, I'm a classic case of what you don't wanna do. :D Although in my defence, it's taken several years for the weight to creep back on again and I'm still not as heavy as I was originally.

Scoot on over to the Cambridge Diary forum and check out Gretagrip's diary then Kira's diary. Both of them are now playing and winning the maintenance game and it makes for fascinating reading.

For what it's worth, I think it's great that you're thinking about this now. Whatever you decide, it needs to be something you can sustain, enjoy doing, and has enough leeway in it for you to enjoy high days and holidays without doing too much damage.

Hi lily,
Thanks for your post, I will check this out need to occupy myself as feeling really awful today headaches, hunger not good!
But I will push through it and only 45mins till lunch lol!!
Yes defo need to think long term even if after I finish Cambridge go on a long term eating plan rather than. Diet as soon as the weights off its staying off lol!
Take care x

I cant believe your paying £56! I got 21 tetras and paid my consultant 44.10 lol.
Someone i went to uni with lost 7 stone nd has kept it off for 4 years, she went to weight watchers after cambridge though to get herself clued up on properly eating healthy :) x

I cant believe your paying £56! I got 21 tetras and paid my consultant 44.10 lol.
Someone i went to uni with lost 7 stone nd has kept it off for 4 years, she went to weight watchers after cambridge though to get herself clued up on properly eating healthy :) x

Hi rachlou
Yep same as me I buy 21 tetras but then being a man need an extra 8 products so normally soup/porridge may try bars soon tho for abit of chewing lol!!
Wow people's posts and loses are so inspiring :)
It can only get easier, I think I'm into ketosis about now as have a metally taste in my mouth and no hunger!!! Woo!
That's what I'm going to do, after the diet either do the maintenance or join Slimmingworld or weight watchers to train to eat healthy :)
How ou finding it?
Take care x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You do need to learn to eat better as if you go back to eating what made you overweight initially, it will again. It's good that you are already thinking that way tho. I find slimming world pretty sensible and tends to focus on fresh food "from scratch" rather than ready prepared do that may be worth considering to build good habits

Well im glad im not a man haha!
Im doing fab, definately in ketosis now, have had 3 nights of complete insomnia though which is weird, when i did fall asleep at almost 4 this morning my 16 week old decided it was time to get up haha, just glad im not in work and still on maternity leave. Hope the insomnia fades, its the worst part ever. Ketosis is fab, found a ton of energy this morning and have blitzed the house, its like christmas never happened :) I do find myself wishing the months away already, my whole social life is focused around going out for meals and drinks with friends and work colleagues.

Hope your doing well :)

Well im glad im not a man haha!
Im doing fab, definately in ketosis now, have had 3 nights of complete insomnia though which is weird, when i did fall asleep at almost 4 this morning my 16 week old decided it was time to get up haha, just glad im not in work and still on maternity leave. Hope the insomnia fades, its the worst part ever. Ketosis is fab, found a ton of energy this morning and have blitzed the house, its like christmas never happened :) I do find myself wishing the months away already, my whole social life is focused around going out for meals and drinks with friends and work colleagues.

Hope your doing well :)

Heheh! They do say men lose weight quicker mind apparently, still don't want to be a man lmao ;) aww that's brill.. yup I'm in ketosis too, this is where everything should get easier :) and as the days go on you will forget to eat cos you don't feel hungry it's brilliant! Aw never!! That's early / late to go bed lol I'd physically be drained, I suppose tho with the buzz from ketosis it's helped you!
I know what you mean there I've said to all my mates when I complete this diet I am going out for a meal, then straight into maintenance I hope I have lost on sat (my weigh in) keep up thee good work

I lost all my weight previously with weight watchers. 8st I lost it in 2yrs. the only way weight goes back on is if YOU put crap and too much food in your mouth. Which is what I did and I knew I was doing. I have so many people at work and around me say "ohhh your put all that back on when you stop Cambridge" well yes of corse if you STOP a diet your put weight on. We sadly need to LIVE a diet to maintain. so I love your idea of Slimming world or Weight watchers. it's exactly what I want to do. I'm thinking slimming world but I'm just worried I would over eat on "free food" xxxx

I lost all my weight previously with weight watchers. 8st I lost it in 2yrs. the only way weight goes back on is if YOU put crap and too much food in your mouth. Which is what I did and I knew I was doing. I have so many people at work and around me say "ohhh your put all that back on when you stop Cambridge" well yes of corse if you STOP a diet your put weight on. We sadly need to LIVE a diet to maintain. so I love your idea of Slimming world or Weight watchers. it's exactly what I want to do. I'm thinking slimming world but I'm just worried I would over eat on "free food" xxxx

You'll be fine with the "free food" its all the sort of stuff that fills you up so in theory you'd be full before that happens! And I'm pretty convinced after a couple of months on cambridge that I will be less bothered about food anyhow, for me its emotion and boredom eating habits, and since i can't do that right now hopefully the habit will go away! I Used to do really well in SW - have lost 1-2 stone on it a few times, it's just about keeping organised really. I really miss cooking right now, every free bit of time im usually baking or trying a new recipe, but I suppose it's something to look forward to - and the enthusiasm i have might keep me organised when the time comes so it's win-win really

Im planning on sticking to slimming world afterwards. I've set my cambridge goal 7lbs higher than I would like so I have something to work towards afterwards :)

Isn't it exciting that by June time (ish) we all would have reached our goals (some people way before) And will be working so hard to maintain :) I'm ridiculously excited :)

You'll be fine with the "free food" its all the sort of stuff that fills you up so in theory you'd be full before that happens! And I'm pretty convinced after a couple of months on cambridge that I will be less bothered about food anyhow, for me its emotion and boredom eating habits, and since i can't do that right now hopefully the habit will go away! I Used to do really well in SW - have lost 1-2 stone on it a few times, it's just about keeping organised really. I really miss cooking right now, every free bit of time im usually baking or trying a new recipe, but I suppose it's something to look forward to - and the enthusiasm i have might keep me organised when the time comes so it's win-win really

Deffo i guess your right its because before i would eat until i was stuffed to the max as in so stuffed i couldn't do anything hopefully i can curb that habit with this CD i am so excited for it to hurry up im only wanting healthy foods anyway!! :) i have had to stop watching come dine with me haha

p.s ALSO!! i know you need to have to loose a minimum of a st to go to slimming world dont you ??? so will you guys join when you have a stone left ?? if so what about Cambridge maintenance section etc. im a bit confused how to get from Cambridge to slimming world with foods and body weight etc

Isn't it exciting that by June time (ish) we all would have reached our goals (some people way before) And will be working so hard to maintain :) I'm ridiculously excited :)

ITS MENTAL ISNT IT!! :) i can not wait!! just think if any of us are tempted every to fall off the wagon all these guys will be celebrating while that person/people are still going!! its a good way to think really :)

Hi, I lost 7 stone and got to my own goal of 11stone 10lb in May and maintained it for 6 months then got a little slap dash and have managed to put 23lb back on I did a mixture of WW SW and then Cambridge and have to say that I enjoyed the feeling of not being hungly on the CD. I am also however thinking about how to maintain it and will need to go to either WW or SW as I do not want to lost it again and then put it back on!

Good luck

Hello fellow dieters,

This may seem like a very strange post but would love to know, after you have finished Cambridge (in my case 2 stone needs to go!)

How do you not make yourself gain it again?
Has anyone completed their goal and stuck?
I imagine you need a change in lifestyle, eating habits etc but I just don't want to pay £56 a week for say a few months and then find I'm piling back on lol..

I did join my local gym the other week (yay) and had a personal training session but being on 600cals a day and doing intense work out is no good at this time, the session had to stop as I was white as a sheet and felt on the verge of fainting.

Be nice to hear everyone's thoughts.

Take care :)

Hi Mate,

Its nice to see another guy following Cambridge.

How did you weigh in on Saturday go?

I started today, bit nervous - lol

Hi, I lost 7 stone and got to my own goal of 11stone 10lb in May and maintained it for 6 months then got a little slap dash and have managed to put 23lb back on I did a mixture of WW SW and then Cambridge and have to say that I enjoyed the feeling of not being hungly on the CD. I am also however thinking about how to maintain it and will need to go to either WW or SW as I do not want to lost it again and then put it back on!

Good luck

Amazing weight loss well done!! I lost 8 st with weight watchers but was so hungry all the time,
however.........
Im the same, not sure which one to choose, personally i eat healthier of slimming world due to the free foods etc, where as weight watchers i found myself having points on rubbish food and was never full, so im thinking / hoping slimming world is the way forward really :/ but im not sure completely

Hi Mate,

Its nice to see another guy following Cambridge.

How did you weigh in on Saturday go?

I started today, bit nervous - lol

Heya Davey,
I lost 5lb in a few days so was quite good :)
Aww wicked, yeah seems mainly woman on here lol! Oh first day and how's it going? How much you looking to lose
Take care
Scott :)

Heya Davey,
I lost 5lb in a few days so was quite good :)
Aww wicked, yeah seems mainly woman on here lol! Oh first day and how's it going? How much you looking to lose
Take care
Scott :)

First day is going okay mate, just hope I can stick with it! Got a really bad headache today but not too sure if that has anything to do with the programme.

I need to lose 6 stone :-(

How long U been following it for?

Davey :)

Back