Cambridge alternative

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by arvensis, 15 November 2007 Social URL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arvensis

arvensis New Member

Is there a way you can make your own shakes with a similar nutrtional content to the C diet? I ask as I can no way afford the diet. I was sent an alternative recipe today but it seems amazing anyone could live off it LOL. It was basically milk , fibrogel, multi vit tablet and a omega 3 capsule. :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    arvensis

i believe the recipe you mention was discussed on here a few weeks ago and created quite a storm

i am not going to re-highlight the thread as it was closed to avoid heated debate and was not really heading anywhere constructive anyway but i seem to remember someone on here who is trained in nutrition saying that it ( the home made shake ) was NOT going to provide people with the proper nutrition they needed to stay healthy the way CD or LL etc does

4. arvensis

arvensis New Member

ooops sorry, I'm new so I didnt know. I saw the recipe my friend said and was just shocked that he is seriously going to do it.

5. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    oh no need for a sorry hun
    wasnt saying you cant ask about it
    i just dont wanna be the one to rekindle the discussion and bring it back up as i seriously doutb that that recipe can be good for anyones health

6. spooky

spooky Banned

I saw the last thread.
    This 'recipe' appears quite extreme. Cambridge is properly formulated to provide all the daily needs on balance.
    Please discourage your friend from embarking on this. He could be seriously putting his health at risk.
    If the cost of Cambridge is a problem, then I would advise talking to your counsellor anyway. There are several CD programmes where you don't need all sachets. 1000 plan for example is 2 sachets a day if I remember correctly. There are still good losses on that programme and 1200.

Don't apologise for asking questions! Thats what this forum is for!:)

7. Pierce

Pierce Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, Healthy Eating & Exercise
    This is not a medically proven diet. It has been described on this forum before, and like before the thread was closed.

Regards,
    Pierce

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.