Cambridge Diet after Surgery?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Midnight Aquarius, 3 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Midnight Aquarius

Midnight Aquarius Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(20.9%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge 810 /Low Carb
    Hi,

I am due to have an operation in September and mentioned it to my CDC who told me that I would need to come off the diet for 3 months after to heal properly.

I know my health comes 1st but I am really worried about coming off of the plan so early into my weight loss with so much to lose. I am also really worried about regaining some of what i have and will lose up until that point :(

It is not a major op, it is for the removal of a Parathyroid Adenoma from my neck using the minimally invasive technique and when i asked the nurse how long until I would be healed and up and running again and she said a couple of weeks after.

So...I was wondering, if just a 2 week break from CD whilst healing then a return to a higher plan like the 1000cal one, would be ok? Or if anyone else has any experience or knowledge on this.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks, Claire :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think CD are pretty strict about the 3 months thing. Your CDC is really far better qualified to answer it than people on here in this case. If she says 3 months you should really go with that. Besides its unlikely she'll entertain you within that period. You could always ask her about the possibility of 1000 plan but please do go by what she says.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.