Cambridge diet bars (will they knock me out of ketosis?)

seznste2011

Hi, I am on week 4 of ss+ and I am getting bored of the shakes and soups etc, I was wondering about getting some bars but i am worried they will knock me out of ketosis as they are higher in calories, I was also thinking of cuttin out my small meal and changing it for the 200ml milk instead on the hopes it will be less cals, Advice needed please.
thanks
sarah x

So long as you only have the recommended amount it's fine. Don't be tempted to tweak the plan. Follow it the way it's meant to be and you'll be fine :)

don't think about the calories. you could eat 10,000calories a day and stay in ketosis. it's carbs you need to limit. lots and lots of people on CD have a bar every day after week 2, and remain firmly in ketosis. the chewy ones do have more carbs than the other products, which is one reason why you can only have one bar a day, but the total carbs will still be low enough for the overwhelming majority of people to stay in keto - otherwise CWP wouldn't sell them!

the thing with ketosis is it's harder to get into than to stay in - which is why you have to be more careful in the first two weeks.

there's about 25cals extra in a bar, btw. 1 pound of weight represents 3600 calories. if you had a bar a day, as I do, it would take you 144days to make a pound's worth of difference to your losses. Meanwhile the bars are lush, and i'm having a lovely time eating them.

1 pound is 3500...not 3600 calories

:)

Depends entirely which source you read, IME. But working from the lower figure, it's 140 days instead of 144. Still getting on for five months.

don't think about the calories. you could eat 10,000calories a day and stay in ketosis. it's carbs you need to limit. lots and lots of people on CD have a bar every day after week 2, and remain firmly in ketosis. the chewy ones do have more carbs than the other products, which is one reason why you can only have one bar a day, but the total carbs will still be low enough for the overwhelming majority of people to stay in keto - otherwise CWP wouldn't sell them!

the thing with ketosis is it's harder to get into than to stay in - which is why you have to be more careful in the first two weeks.

there's about 25cals extra in a bar, btw. 1 pound of weight represents 3600 calories. if you had a bar a day, as I do, it would take you 144days to make a pound's worth of difference to your losses. Meanwhile the bars are lush, and i'm having a lovely time eating them.

HI thankyou for the message you have made me feel better, I was really struggling with soups and was thinking of finishing the diet, I have ordered 7 bars this week and 7 ready made drinks and 7 porridge, and I think that I will find it much easier now I know how it works.
Thanks again
Sarah x

Have to say that I just had the peanut crunch bar for the first time. Loved it! Wasn't a big fan of the chocolate chew bar - too chewy for my liking. The bars are a definite treat for me though!! :)

The chocolate mint is super scrummy!!! Since starting on the bars I've pretty much sole sourced and haven't felt the need for the SS+ meal, so hoping I'll have even better weight losses as a result!

I've only had 2 so far but I find them really quite filling and also gives you the satisfaction of the (now somewhat strange) chewing sensation!

The chocolate mint is super scrummy!!! Since starting on the bars I've pretty much sole sourced and haven't felt the need for the SS+ meal, so hoping I'll have even better weight losses as a result!

Thats what I am hoping to do, I have ordered 3 choc mint and 4 peanut but I am hoping they dont make me more hungry. hoping that with the extra cals it might stop the hunger pangs and then I wont feel the need for a meal, x so hopefully better weightloss next week. I have a weigh in tomorrow, hoping its a good one :O/

1 pound is 3500...not 3600 calories

:)

Depends entirely which source you read, IME.

Indeed. Because fat has anywhere between 8.7 and 9.5 calories per gram. Taking the extremes of these, you can establish a range whereby one pound of fat could contain anywhere between 2,843 and 3,752 calories. :D

I reckon my fat's at the 3,752 calories-per-pound end of the spectrum. That's my excuse for it taking so long to shift. That's high quality fat I'm burning... ;)

However - that by that logic you must've eaten more than others to put that pound of fat on...!

Well Friday is here and my weigh in is at 1pm so I will update later!!!
My 1st lot of bars are coming today, I cant wait to have one, I have noticed I have 3 soups left from last week, which meens i missed 3 meals this week, Hope this does not affect my weight in a bad way as I have recently read that my missing meals it can make you gain weight as your boddy believes its being starved so it clings on to any fat it can find. Does any one know if this is true?xx

it certainly happens - but may not happen this week. Fact is, you'll never know what your loss would've been if you'd done everything properly - so you can't determine exactly what effect it had. Just be much more careful in future. Malnutrition is much more immediately and seriously dangerous to your health than being overweight/obese.

Just had weigh in and I have lost 4 and 1/2 pounds this week so very happy with that, I have also just had my 1st bar and it was quite nice, (mint choc) I could have easily eaten another tho lol, any way , the weight is coming off and that makes me a happy bunny, hopefully next week will be the same but still worried about the bars, hope the extra cals dont cause water build up, xx

it certainly happens - but may not happen this week. Fact is, you'll never know what your loss would've been if you'd done everything properly - so you can't determine exactly what effect it had. Just be much more careful in future. Malnutrition is much more immediately and seriously dangerous to your health than being overweight/obese.

Thanks for the advice xx

Back