Cambridge Diet Crisps!

Souffle-la

Hi everyone!

I'm on week three of SS and have been sticking to it 100%! I'm supposed to be on SS+ because of my height but because I don't feel hungry I am really struggling to have say my fourth shake or 200kcal meal every day, so I've been doing 4 days of SS and 3 of SS+.

Anyway, these past few days I have REALLY been craving chocolate, crisps, just something snacky even though I'm not hungry! I bought some of the bars but I HATED them and swapped them.

It's TOTM for me so I'm guessing that's why I'm wanting stuff.. Rather than cave in, I made some crisps from the Leek and Potato soup and I must say they are amazing! I only used half a sachet so I can have some later, I'm really pleased with how they turned out! I had a spare soup as I've totally gone off them and I'm just having porridge and milkshakes at the mo, so this was a really nice change! I'm thinking of even buying a few soups at my next weigh in just so I can make crisps for when I'm in a 'snacky' mood!

good idea, i never thought of that because i hate the soups with a passion, but maybe making oriental crisps could be worth a go, think i'll get a soup tomorrow and have a go because theres times when i want snacky food!!

Ive heard the oriental crisps are really nice!Let me know how you get on :)

I hate the soups too, didn't mind them so much at first but now I really cannot stomach them! A lady I know makes them and takes them to the cinema with her!

I have the oriental crisps every day, it is what keeps me on plan. I know they say you should'nt but if it keeps you going I dont see the harm, just remember to have extra water.

How do u make the crisps?

What I did was empty half a sachet of soup in to a cup, added a small amount of hot water, enough to make it into a paste, (not too thick, not to runny). The consistency should be like..nutella or something!

Then spread the paste on to a microwaveable bowl, and, depending on the wattage, microwave for about a minute. ( I microwaved mine for almost 3 as mine is only a 750 watt microwave)

take the plate out of the the microwave and you should have what looks like a giant crisp! I just break pieces off mine and eat it!

I'm going to try that too

Hi everyone!

I'm on week three of SS and have been sticking to it 100%! I'm supposed to be on SS+ because of my height but because I don't feel hungry I am really struggling to have say my fourth shake or 200kcal meal every day, so I've been doing 4 days of SS and 3 of SS+.

Anyway, these past few days I have REALLY been craving chocolate, crisps, just something snacky even though I'm not hungry! I bought some of the bars but I HATED them and swapped them.

It's TOTM for me so I'm guessing that's why I'm wanting stuff.. Rather than cave in, I made some crisps from the Leek and Potato soup and I must say they are amazing! I only used half a sachet so I can have some later, I'm really pleased with how they turned out! I had a spare soup as I've totally gone off them and I'm just having porridge and milkshakes at the mo, so this was a really nice change! I'm thinking of even buying a few soups at my next weigh in just so I can make crisps for when I'm in a 'snacky' mood!

Well done on being 100%!

I know it can be hard taking all your CD packs when you don't feel hungry but for the sake of your skin, hair, nails plus your internal organs and over all health you would be probably better off making sure to have your four packs as recommended as you would need the extra protein along with vitamins and minerals because of your height. You will not be getting enough protein in three packs.

Also it would probably help with your cravings.

Try the bars again in a few weeks as you were probably sensitive to the taste of vitamins and minerals which taste more concentrated in the bars but after a few weeks you probably won't notice the vitamin and mineral taste.

I cut my peanut crunch bar up into small slivers and it taste nicer that way.

Does anyone know how to make banana chips at all saw it somewhere ages ago?? xx

Yes please! Can someone link me to the thread too. I'm looking forward to having these for my dinner! I also saw a thing to make muffins too?

I seen this a few weeks ago and also a muffin recipe and asked my CDC about it and she said its hasn't been approved by Cambridge as they don't know if making the packs in that way damage the nutritional value? So I'd be careful just incase you're not getting the proper nutrients from the packs! xx

Back