Cambridge Diet -Day 5

Right! Well that was a tricky week!!!!! Really keen to hear CD successes and most importantly how the weight has stayed off as sensibly and logically, the rate with which I'm losing weight must make maintenance another battle. I suppose I see it that ill enjoy the summer nice and slim and tackle that side then.

Day 5 and I've lost 7.5 pounds (11 since last Sunday when I cut out carbs in preparation)

Starting weight 13st
Current weight 12.3

I put a stone on very recently so not sure it's much more than water!

I don't have any long term success stories, but I've definitely seen them on here for all the VLCDs. It's defo worth going through old diaries and stuff for motivation. It seems the most important thing is reintroducing food at a rate that still allows you to keep the weight off, remaining active and developing a better relationship with food for life.... I'm also following VLCD exante and I weigh about the same as you start weight :) It's exciting to see you've lost so much in your first 5 days, even if only water, it keeps you in a good mindset. You have to lose the water before the actual weight, and it makes you look slimmer and less bloated :) good luck!! x

Thank you. I've disapprovingly avoided this type of diet for some time. However I am an all or nothing girl. This is certainly a challenge and as you say, reintroducing food slowly shouldn't be too much of a prob. Partly scared that once I release the demons I'll go on a mass binge, the other part of me thinks, actually a Brussel sprout would make me feel full and bloated at the minute!

Moving on to sole source + today to see if my concentration levels improve. Think I may have underestimated the amount of exercise I get just working full time, running around after 3 children and exercising 2 dogs! My brain has just gone on standby!

Yeah I know what you mean , yesterday I did the gym and stuff and felt ok, today I didn't go gym but working and being on my feet all day took it out of me more than the gym! I'm knackered and starving!

Back