Cambridge diet diary

Hi,

i am on day 2 of the cd and wow I'm hungry lol. I am doing soul source plus so having 3 shakes a day and chicken breast and salad at dinner.

i go on holiday in three weeks so the plan is to lose as much as weight as possible before, then on holiday stick to cd in the day then can have meal at night.

a bit about me, I'm 26, 5 foot 10, and 13.5 stone. I am the biggest in my social group (who are all going on holiday) my job means I travel all over the country so stay in hotels a lot and get greedy. I also eat for convenience so would often frequent McDonald's.

i am doing this diary for motivation, I really hope it's the diet for me as there are so many restrictions. I will try and update it every day.

i love diet coke so will find that hard to give up, but I do think it makes me hungrier so a good thing.

day 1 was hard, had a nap and went to sleep early as had no energy. Day 2 woke up feeling hungry but hopefully the intense hunger doesn't last too long.
my target weight is 9-10 stone so want to lose around 4 stone, and hope to lose at least a stone before I go away. Wish me luck...

Just had my chicken breast and salad and I'm starving. I feel tired got a headache and really just crap. Honestly feel like giving up and it's only day 2 :(

It gets better, usually around day 3. I felt like crap, headache, tired, no energy. i'm on day 4 of doing it properly (cheated my way through last week) and i feel fine now! Stick with it :) It will be worth it, i'm sure.

(also...be sure not to drink TOO much water, i drank so much it made my headache worse)

Good luck :) x

Thanks gembab on day three now and do feel a lot better, just had a low point last night.
going to my friends tonight normally when we go we drink a lot and eat a lot so will be a challenge when I'm just drinking water and eating plain chicken breast but I don't mind too much. Just weighed myself on my scales and think I've lost 4/5 pounds in 3 days. I appreciate weight fluctuates but if that's my progress then it's all worth it.

Oh man, i feel ya. I work behind a bar, which is difficult on this diet at the best of times. But tonight, i was working, and it was also a huge birthday celebration for my co-worker/friend. Lots of booze, cake and sweets going around.

But i stuck to water! Although i cheated with 1/2 a teaspoon of cake, i think thats an achievement!

It's crazy how not hungry i am, and how easy it is to resist temptation now. It makes me happy! You will be at this stage soon!

Hope you had a good night, and that resisting temptation wasn't too hard/

Good luck FF

It does get easier. Promise. I struggled with headaches and no energy but managed to ride the storm. I remember feeling how you feel now and someone posted in my diary that they were day 19. I remember thinking I'd never get that far. I'm day 20 now! I lost 1st 1lb when I weighed in at day 12. Not weighing again until day 26 (Saturday!)

Stick with it, it's worth it :)

X

Thanks guys. Day 5 now, last night wasn't too bad lots of nice food but I had my own lettuce bowl and was picking at that like I would normally do crisps.

Only been having 2 shakes a day and chicken breast with lettuce, wasn't meant to but never feel like a third. My consultant says its ok.

i do feel a lot better and not as dehydrated, I haven't cheated yet and don't intend do until I go on holiday and I will do the cd but not as strict (still main mels and will drunk alcohol) then be good afterwards.

so far so good, a lot happier its getting easier, I know everyone says it does but it's great to feel better all round.

Oh thats interesting, so essentially your kinda inbetween ss and ss+... Best of both worlds! :) sounds like you have a good plan for the holiday, a good way to not go completely off the rails, but also treat yourself.
Glad to hear your feeling better now! Yay for ketosis!

Hey, got it wrong was day 4 yesterday so day 5 today.

yeah I'm in between the two lol. I couldn't not have the chicken though, would have give in on day 1 lol.

Back in the office today, always feel hungrier when I'm in the office. I did ok but went out at lunch and smelt greggs/subway/chippy mmmm.

Anyway just to say to those new on cd, it really does get easier. Get through day 2 and youve won the first battle :)

I think it's all down to habit, when it comes down to environment. I'm the same whenever i'm at work, because i'm used to having one of the pizza's we sell for almost every shift. If i got hungry, i would eat crisps, take snacks with me. Now, work is where i find it hardest to resist. But i have, and i will carry on doing it :) Once we start forming new habits, it wil get easier each day.
I know that greggs feeling, walked past it yesterday, and just the sight of it...GOD i wanted a pasty sooo bad!
But congratulations to both of us for nit giving it eh? ;) It's the little victories, we'll get there in the end.

I have weigh in tomorrow...eek!

Hey gembab good luck with the weigh in. Let me know how you get on, mines tomorrow night so thinking positive thoughts.

it was my first night at a hotel last night since starting the cd, I get a £30 meal allowance so I normally get carried away. I did cheat slightly and had chicken goujans to start and then a chicken salad (which was vile) but kept to water. I did only have one shake yesterday though so hopefully not too bad.

ive found my breath doesn't smell good, I have a breath spray which I carry around which helps. I haven't been to the toilet for a week either, so may get some light laxatives but not made my mind up about that yet.

so I'm on day 7, I will say I feel I've lost weight and my skin is a lot clearer. I'm hoping to fit in to a size 12 soon but I'm not there yet. Can't believe I've been doing it for nearly a week.

flamingofeet

Hey Flamingo Feet, I lost 6lbs! woop woop! You should pick up some fibre stuff, they have the cambridge diet fibre powder you can mix into the shakes, which has helped me out a lot in the toilet department, otherwise you should deffo pick up something, don't wanna get ill!

It doesn't sound too bad, although i don't think you should be skipping shakes. Even if you do cheat a little, it's better to stay on plan. :)

Eeek 7 days, bring on the next week! You will get stronger each day. :) x

Hey guys, so it's day 8 and I'm working from home today. Had my first shake about 11am, will have my second about 4pm. CDC comes at 7 for my first WI. (Really nervous) then chicken and salad at 8pm.
Bit disappointed as I haven't lost any weight on my scales for 2 days :( think I might start doing some exercise but find it so dull.

toilet situation is better, but will deffo look in to fibre.

Hey Flamingo
Here to follow........getting to day 8 is an achievement so yay.........:)
Hope you get good numbers at your weigh in...I'm on day 6 doing Slim and Save.......
Go you......!

You should try not weighing yourself in between weigh in's, i threw my scales away, and it was the best decision i ever made :) Otherwise, I would get de-motivated when the weight didn't change, and be more likely to cheat. You don't even need to throw them away, give them to a friend to keep, or put them in the loft. I swear, I don't regret throwing them away.

You will be great! Let me know how you get on with the WI. :)

Agree with gem. I don't weigh at all!

Started CD 4 June
5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Dont like knowing weight, so staying off scales! Go by shape.

Back