Cambridge Diet my first 6 days and im still struggling...

Lubyluce

Hey ladies

I did LL a couple of years ago but had to the the LL Lite and lost a stone and a half for my wedding - but now ive got double that to lose - 3 stone!!!!! So I started the Cambridge Diet SS last Monday and oh my god ive found it really hard as on LL Lite I could have a meal!!!

I was doing really great until Friday and then I had a girls night I had committed too and had protein only just chicken but got convinced to have a gin and slim and then another!!!

And as this is my first w/end on Cambridge Ive found having shakes only and water soooo hard!!

I really don't know if im Ketosis or not but im praying my slip up hasnt caused too much damage to my first weigh in tomorrow.... am so gutted I messed up!!

Please tell me this gets easier ladies... xxx:confused:

It absolutely gets easier!!! When you start to find it really tough you can have a couple of eggs or some chicken (cooked in a healthy way of course). It really helps and you do feel much better after having it!

I'm sorry I can't help regarding the drink situation bit whats done is done. I'm sure you'll still have a good loss!

Good luck for weigh in x

Lubyluce said:
Hey ladies

I did LL a couple of years ago but had to the the LL Lite and lost a stone and a half for my wedding - but now ive got double that to lose - 3 stone!!!!! So I started the Cambridge Diet SS last Monday and oh my god ive found it really hard as on LL Lite I could have a meal!!!

I was doing really great until Friday and then I had a girls night I had committed too and had protein only just chicken but got convinced to have a gin and slim and then another!!!

And as this is my first w/end on Cambridge Ive found having shakes only and water soooo hard!!

I really don't know if im Ketosis or not but im praying my slip up hasnt caused too much damage to my first weigh in tomorrow.... am so gutted I messed up!!

Please tell me this gets easier ladies... xxx:confused:

It does it get easier :) weekends are always hard! Well done for just having chicken though! Thats within ss+ guidelines so should be fine!xx

Thanks so much.... I cooked a roast chicken for the family tonight so I think Im going to have a little chicken when I next have a hunger pang.... I just love food so much that its so hard when all you can smell is food all the time!!

Ive been drinking lots of sparkling water when I start craving but sometimes its just not enough...

Also as its my first week I think im not enjoying the vanilla and the soups and thats all ive got left until tomorrow and I love the chocolate and the mint choc, so I think I will be getting lots of them tomorrow...

How long have you been on Cambridge?? Have you got much to loose??

xx

Yeah you should do that. It is such a hard diet anyway so why not make it easier on yourself and have some protein!! I go back and forth from ss to ss+ all the time. I only like the mint choc shake and cranberry bar, that's all I buy lol.
Sounds like your doing really well, let us know how WI goes :)
I've lost a stone so far and have got 3 more to go!

Lubyluce said:
Thanks so much.... I cooked a roast chicken for the family tonight so I think Im going to have a little chicken when I next have a hunger pang.... I just love food so much that its so hard when all you can smell is food all the time!!

Ive been drinking lots of sparkling water when I start craving but sometimes its just not enough...

Also as its my first week I think im not enjoying the vanilla and the soups and thats all ive got left until tomorrow and I love the chocolate and the mint choc, so I think I will be getting lots of them tomorrow...

How long have you been on Cambridge?? Have you got much to loose??

xx

No worries :) yer I have had a ss+ meal now and again, sometimes you just need it don't u? It shouldn't affect your losses either. This diet is so tough so if you need to do that to stay on track the way I see it is its better than scoffing on bad stuff!!

Yer you will find your taste buds change a lot I used to like the soups now cant stand them!

Well I was on it for 4 weeks until I started getting ill so i had to come off it while I was on medication i lost 16lbs in that time i think. Whilst i was off it i maintained and I have gone back on slim and save now which is similar! I still have cd products to use up so i will mix and match!

I was 12st 2, I am now around 10st 10lbs aiming to get to 9st 7 or less il see how i feel once i get there!

Weightloss is slow this week for me due to time of month :( feel horrid and bloated! Xx

Hey i started monday too, and up until last night i was struggling. My other half had a chinese takewaya and never ate it all and being a man never put it in bin just left it on kitchen counter so last.night i went to.tidy but also ate all the onions he left from the curry and half a chip,.i.dreamed curry and chips all night. Today ive done great.not hungry at all, ive moved to SS+ after doing 4 days on SS, and like you said i had a hars boiled egg if i felt a hunger pang.

First weigh in tomorrow, start weight 13,10 height 5"3.5 ( the half makes all the difference lil)
I weighed fri and had lost 6lbs.

kerrys86 said:
Hey i started monday too, and up until last night i was struggling. My other half had a chinese takewaya and never ate it all and being a man never put it in bin just left it on kitchen counter so last.night i went to.tidy but also ate all the onions he left from the curry and half a chip,.i.dreamed curry and chips all night. Today ive done great.not hungry at all, ive moved to SS+ after doing 4 days on SS, and like you said i had a hars boiled egg if i felt a hunger pang.

First weigh in tomorrow, start weight 13,10 height 5"3.5 ( the half makes all the difference lil)
I weighed fri and had lost 6lbs.

Hi well done on your loss so far! Sounds like you're in ketosis if you are not hungry. Careful of onions they can affect ketosis but you may be ok this time.

Good luck at next weigh in :)

Thanks, it spured me on when i could see it coming off. Ooh glad i know that about onions!! Although at the time it was either the onions or the chips lol ! Thats good that i may be in ketosis as i havent felt hungry today, had to force my 200cal meal

Its great to read everyones stories, its so encouraging!!

kerrys86 said:
Thanks, it spured me on when i could see it coming off. Ooh glad i know that about onions!! Although at the time it was either the onions or the chips lol ! Thats good that i may be in ketosis as i havent felt hungry today, had to force my 200cal meal

Its great to read everyones stories, its so encouraging!!

Yer this website is amazing! I think I would have given up by now if it wasn't for the support on here x

I started on SS+ last Wed and today has been my worst day by far. Not really felt hungry just exhausted and weak. Spent most of afternoon in bed. Iv been told when in ketosis you feel better so fingers crossed I do by tomorrow or i don't no if I can go on especially as I have a 10 month old baby to look after. I have stuck to the diet 100% so actually thought id be in ketosis by now?

I know I think if I hadnt have been reading how everybody has been doing I would have given up probably around day 2/3...

Thanks so much for all your support - ive been a bit bad tonight as I had a few sunflower seats and almonds - just a handful - god this is hard work - but I am so determined!!!

Im so pleased that its okay to switch between SS and SS+ as i literally have (mainly) stayed on SS (apart from my slights blips with nuts etc) but now I know I can have a bit of chicken or eggs or something I think I can do this!!!!

Well done on your weight loss so far that is amazing!!!!! Im going away on a girls holiday on the 1st July and I would be chuffed to bits if I could have lost a stone by then...

Kerrys86 - you did make me laugh about the chips and curry - being a northerner the whole chips and curry sauce thing came to mind - I am gonna have to work hard not to dream about that tonight :eek:

As im new to cambridge - can anyone tell me if I can go onto bars next week (week 2?) as I really could do with something to chew on...???

Will keep you posted on my weigh in tomorrow - thank you to all for your support, im so pleased I registered on here today xxxxx

Hi, im in co down Ni and they are big here too lol. It was torture knowing there was uneaten curry and chips lol. Im usually like the hoover and eat everyones left overs. Am looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. Good luck x

I started last Monday (4th) and by Tues/Wed my body was really achy and weak so I think must be a sign that your body is going into Ketosis.... You have done fantastic to have stuck to 100% and with a little buba too... xxxx

My CDC let me have bars from day 1 she said whatever makes you stick to it! It hasn't effected my losses as I lost 8lbs on my first week. Just ask your CDC she'll probably say the same?

Hi,
Today is day 6 for me and I'm hoping it's a better day than day 4 and 5, I found them really hard because I was so hungry and couldn't stop thinking about food!
I have managed to stick to it 100% so far and I have my first WI tonight....hopefully it will all of been worth it! :)

Good luck to everyone else weighing in today!! x

It does get easier.
I have had my 1st weeks weigh in and now feel really positive that I can do this. :)

I feel soo much.better today.no.hunger at all, im.having to force my shakes into me !! Weigh in tonight

Good luck with your WI tonight. I have my first WI after work tonight too!! x

Back