Cambridge Diet - Two shakes plus dukan style dinner (high protein - low carb)

shellyMK

Hello! Im new to this posting but have used the site as great inspiration to me me over the past couple of months! my background is that I moved in with my partner last year and fell into the habit of drinking a couple of bottles of wine a night, discovered a love of Guinness and simply couldn't resist the chicken balls and BBQ sauce from our local chinese! I am 5,6 I weighed in at 12,4 stone and went up to a size 14.. mainly all round my waist and my face! I have quite skinny arms, bum and legs so looked like I had a tyre round my waist! really unflattering!

I'm getting married in December and decided to use this as motivation to slim down! I started on the CD diet 7 weeks ago! (Can't believe it!) I obviously stopped drinking and got stuck in. I stuck to the diet religiously despite living with a builder who literally eats like a horse!

To date in seven weeks I now weigh 10 stone 6 and fit into my thinspiration jeans! :cool: but still want to really get down to 10 stone and as I still have over THREE months to lose/maintain/not gain until my wedding and I have decided to come off SS.

My CDA has said that I can stick to two shakes and an evening meal. I have been doing this for the past two weeks and both weeks have lost 3lb. I wanted to know if anyone else has done this and how successful they have been. My meals are Dukan friendly (NO CARBS!)

The way I look at is that anything has got to be better than what I was eating before! Also I love love love my Chocolate shakes!!

love to hear from you all!

Shelly xxx:553:

Hi Shelly

First of all, many congratulations on your weightloss so far. You've done brilliantly!

I think you may have misunderstood your Cambridge Consultant as we don't have any plans which recommend 2 of our products per day with just one evening meal.

If you check out your Steps booklet, you'll see that Step 2 is 3 products per day plus a protein/veg type meal such as the one you described.

However, if you only want to have 2 products per day you should take a look at Step 3 which allows you just two packs per day plus a low-calorie, breakfast, salad lunch and an evening meal.

If you reduce to just 2 products per day plus one meal you won't be getting all of your daily nutritional requirements which may not only impact on your weightloss, but also have an effect on your overall health.

I hope this helps :)

Morning,
I definatley have not misunderstood as she sells me 14 packs a week. 7 for breakfast and 7 for lunch.

Shelly xxx

Hmm I see the logic as the plan would still keep you in ketosis and so you'd be fat burning! But
Ask your CDC about the nutrient aspect as you don't suddenly want to start feeling all our if sorts due to a lack of vitamins/ nutrients etc <-- although twice this week I've sorta done something like you but not Dukan style Atkins style like an omelette as I think with Dukan you can still have carbs/ some carbs and I'm petrified of going out of ketosis! :) hope it works out for you and as long as you feel alright and are losing weight..... ;) ! Xx

Thanks for your comments! I feel great!! I really do feel amazing! Of course now I'm getting the dreaded "Don't lose anymore you will look haggard etc!" Three months is obviously a long time to stay on SS and also I didn't want to get too thin. Because of my height at 5,6 at 10stone I'm an easy size 8 which is a dramatic change from a 14! I am not really fussed if my weight loss slows down just as long as it keeps coming off gradually and i'm not doing anything to harm myself!

My top tip I have discovered (as I LOVE potatoes) is mashed (I blend) califlower with a pinch of salt and pepper! Tastes just like mash and I don't feel like I am missing out at all!

I have gone from eating fry-ups, chinese, roast potato sandwiches (seriously!) pasties and general overeating and drinking, through boredom and habit mainly to a super strict two shakes and a meal. I look forward to my thick chocolate milkshakes and look forward being able to eat dinner. Fish, salad, meat and veg...

I basically have gone completely off alcohol and have no desire to want to drink, despite protests from my friends! I feel really proud of myself and just hope I can keep the weight off for good and not slip back into my old eating habits! Cambridge Diet is strict but it has given me the regimented diet I needed. You know what you are and are not allowed no question!

End of next week will be two months and I think I will have lost two stone by then! I am over the moon! :)

Back