Cambridge Money Worries, Advice Please?

Casbebe

Morning all

I'm going through a mini financial crisis and really really cannot afford Cambridge just now (and probably not for the next 6 weeks or so..) but I desperately don't want to undo any of the hard work that I've put in thus far.

I've thought about SlimFast, you get 12 meals from a tub so I'd need under 2 tubs a week. That comes in at £10 a week rather than £42 on Cambridge. I understand that SlimFast doesn't contain all your daily nutrients but I'm so desperate to shift this weight and I don't want to go back to conventional eating just because I'm going through money troubles :(

As I said, this rough patch should only last about a month and a half, do you think it would be healthy enough to do 3 SlimFast shakes a day? I don't want to give up but I really need the money I'm spending on Cambridge to be able to feed and clothe my family.

What do you suggest? ~Cas x

How about slim n save website?

Thanks for your suggestion, but I'd only save around £10 a week on Slim and Save. I really need the majority of the money I'm spending on Cambridge just now. ~Cas x

Morning all

I'm going through a mini financial crisis and really really cannot afford Cambridge just now (and probably not for the next 6 weeks or so..) but I desperately don't want to undo any of the hard work that I've put in thus far.

I've thought about SlimFast, you get 12 meals from a tub so I'd need under 2 tubs a week. That comes in at £10 a week rather than £42 on Cambridge. I understand that SlimFast doesn't contain all your daily nutrients but I'm so desperate to shift this weight and I don't want to go back to conventional eating just because I'm going through money troubles :(

As I said, this rough patch should only last about a month and a half, do you think it would be healthy enough to do 3 SlimFast shakes a day? I don't want to give up but I really need the money I'm spending on Cambridge to be able to feed and clothe my family.

What do you suggest? ~Cas x

DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT use slimfast as a sole source of nutrition, it is not designed to be done in that way, you'll make yourself extremely ill by doing so as slimfast is high in sugar and not low carb so you'll be extremely hungry and you won't lose much by doing so, i know someone who got very ill trying to do her own version of a vlcd, you risk damage to your muscle and vital organs...sorry to be extreme but can't you do slimfast the way it should be done? 2 shakes and an evening meal with the family, surely losing 1-2lbs a week in a financial crisis is better than making yourself ill :) Seeing this thread has scared me as people avoid looking at the risks of "own vlcd" cambridge has spent years in studying there products, please do not do the slimfast thing xxxx

Thanks for your reply.

Of course I could do SlimFast including the evening meal. However, the reason for my post was to ask for advice on how 'healthy/unhealthy' it would be for me to have only 3 SlimFast shakes. I know SlimFast isn't nutritionally complete, but my diet before Cambridge was far from it too!

You need not be scared, that is why I asked for people's opinion BEFORE I commenced with 3 SlimFast shakes.

Like DappyMare said - BAD IDEA. Its unhealthy you wont get Cambridge losses, you wont be in ketosis, youll be hungry and probably ill cos youre starving yourself. Dont even consider it as an option. Youll probably also end up gaining weight.

Exante is another possibility? Think it works out to £1 a shake/bar sometimes less? Maybe mix that up with some low-carb food?

I think if you follow slim fast as a plan on its own then that's fine. My friend uses the tesco own make version x

Back