Cambridge to Other Diets

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Diane1966, 30 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Diane1966

Diane1966 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.8lb(7%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I intend to lose about 2½ to 3 stone on cambridge and then plan to change to WW or calorie counting. My question is has anybody changed and not bothered to work up the Cambridge stages before they swapped and still managed to either maintain or lose weight.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    Why would you want to switch?

It is better to work up the Cambridge plans which leads you to a low GI way of eating

4. minilady

minilady Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Hi

That was my plan too! Mainly because I thougth I'd never stick it out to the end:rolleyes::eek:

But once I had lost 2 stone, I was firmly in the grips of the diet, great losses each week, didn't feel hungry, didn't have any desires to cheat, so decided to stick with it to the end.

I would suggest seeing how you feel once you get to that stage, then of course it would be ok to swap to another diet but I wouldn't just stop I'd work up the plans to the 1200 and then swap to another diet, as stopping suddenly you could see a slight regain. Something like Rosemary Connelly low GI diet would be good as the foods allowed on the stabilisation plans are low GI also.

I hope this has helped a little:)

Tracey
    x

Mini likes this.
  5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I think most people expect to put on a little for a while when they move over, though I'm sure the odd few maintain for a bit, then continue to lose (especially if they've cheated on Cambridge)

In my opinion, the cambridge plans are the most important part of the diet. I highly recommend doing them.

Good luck with whatever way you choose :)

6. botozi

botozi Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Why switch? I did all the diets you can imagine and CD is the best for me!!

Hugs
    botozi

7. sim94

sim94 Cambridge Diet Counsellor

There is a chance you will have a gain in weight. SSing on 3 pack is approx 414cals, then if you don't do then maintance steps and go straight into WW you calories are likely to double.

You never know you my feel differently by the time you lose 21/2 to 3st.

cdc

Mini likes this.
  8. Diane1966

Diane1966 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.8lb(7%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Thanks for the advice , I'll work my way up through the stages .

9. sazzy34

sazzy34 Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet / weight watchers
    I have swapped over and am still steadily losing, Did put about 4lb on from December to Jan which I don`t think is too bad.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.