Can a doctor STOP you from doing the diet, half way through?

xSinead

Silver Member
I guess this is a strange post as i haven't seen any like this before..
Some of you may know i have therapy once a week, just counceling really to address certain issues with myself, how i handle emotions, and now of course my weight too. This morning my therapist asked me if she could speak to my GP, i asked why.. and she said just so she can confirm that my doctor is happy for me to do this diet (even tho he signed my forms 14 weeks ago!) and she also said she is worried that this diet is having an emotional effect on me. I'm so fustrated at the fact she's going to contact my doctor, and i'm scared he'll turn round and say hmm maybe she needs to come off the plan. Can he physically say/do that? My bmi is under 40 now, so technically i don't need his permission anymore anyway do i?

Just really after some advise, thanks everyone x x

Hi
Haven't you talked about your therapist before not being happy with you doing CD? I don't think anyone can make you stop doing it... as you say, your bmi is under 40 so you don't need your doctors permission now anyway.

And what can they do? Come around your house and confiscate your shakes?! They can try!! lol

Maybe your therapist is worried about how you "feel" when you are on CD. I know it's an emotional rollercoaster, and i'm a "moody" cow at the best of times, CD hasn't been brilliant for me - i've been absolutely evil on times. Really quite unpleasant - but I'm the first to admit it. But I think sometimes my pmt has contributed to my moodiness... who knows?

I wouldn't worry too much... maybe she's going to talk to your GP about "emotional" stuf... and you can always ask your GP what she's saying about you!! Talk about patient confidentiality... what a joke.

I don't like your therapist! lol

Lx

I know!!!
My therapist seems like shes very against the diet.. i just have images of my GP getting hold of my CD consultant & suggesting i stop :( But like i say, my bmi is under 40, and i'm an adult, i really don't need their permission do i.. so annoying! x

I wouldn't havr thought they'd have any power to stop you, there are certain indications where the diet is contra-indicated like in severe enduring mental illnesses (Bi-Polar affective disorder, schizophrenia etc) but nothing about how you "feel". I'd try not to worry about it, you're going to "feel" better by losing the weight than if you stopped so its a silly argument on her part at least

I agree I'm almost certain the doctor can advise you but he cant stop you x x

Back