Can anyone help?

KatKit

Silver Member
Hi all

I have very swollen ankles and some days its worse than others - but it's is getting to me now.

As I find shoes won't fit and sometimes it hurts to walk.

I do have an appt with the doctors but its not until 27th Jun!

My ankles have been "fat" since hubby has known me last time I mentioned it to the doctors he said once I see weight coming off my ankles would improve, I have lost weight (nearly 1 and 1/2 stones) I drink lots of water and I have been exercising ( 4 times a week) reguarly since last year ( but have always done something, I have just upped it) and nothing has changed.

I'm wondering if anyone knowns what I can do to help myself before the visit to the doctors as I am getting really self concious about my ankles now.... (always have been but they have never got in the way of things that I do but they are now)

Hoping someone can offer advice.

Kats

xx

Hi Kat, A few things you could try are -
If you wear a heel start wearing flats
Sit with your feet up as much as possible
Wear a support - one of those tube stretch bandage thingies!
Try tablets for water retention
Cut down on salt etc

I get bad water retention in my legs at certain times of the month and doing all this helps me!

Mrs CC said:
Hi Kat, A few things you could try are -
If you wear a heel start wearing flats
Sit with your feet up as much as possible
Wear a support - one of those tube stretch bandage thingies!
Try tablets for water retention
Cut down on salt etc

I get bad water retention in my legs at certain times of the month and. doing all this helps me!

Thanks mrs cc
I wear flats all the time, I try and put my feet up when I can not as often as I should. Dont cook or put salt on my food ( always cook from fresh,unless i'm going out). Wr tablets didnt do much last time but will give these a go again and try the bandage mm sexy!,

Thanks again for tips

Kats

Xx

Also second the tubigrip, when my legs swelled up after pregnancy my doctor gave me some. You elevate your legs in the night then put them on straight away in the morning.

KatKit said:
Thanks mrs cc
I wear flats all the time, I try and put my feet up when I can not as often as I should. Dont cook or put salt on my food ( always cook from fresh,unless i'm going out). Wr tablets didnt do much last time but will give these a go again and try the bandage mm sexy!,

Thanks again for tips

Kats

Xx

Ha ha got to love the sexy granny support stockings as my mum calls them!! Also you probably do already but make sure you drink plenty water to avoid retaining it - bit backwards I know but true!
See what the docs say, if it doesnt help with WR tablets it may be a circulation problem instead.

Ha ha got to love the sexy granny support stockings as my mum calls them!! Also you probably do already but make sure you drink plenty water to avoid retaining it - bit backwards I know but true!
See what the docs say, if it doesnt help with WR tablets it may be a circulation problem instead.

Thanks - going to Tescos at lunch so will get some sexy lace support bandages mmm mm SEXY - just look at me ......

Kats

Also second the tubigrip, when my legs swelled up after pregnancy my doctor gave me some. You elevate your legs in the night then put them on straight away in the morning.

Thanks will certainly try these sexy pieces of kit.

Kats

Toning shoes!!! :)
Think can get them cheapish from avon.

Back