Can anyone please help me?

True Light

Hi there, I was hoping someone could help. Due to an illness I'm essentially bed bound and over the years have piled on the weight. I am currently on a low carb diet but despite losing 9lbs the first month I put 5lbs on in the second month, I have stuck with 20 carbs a day and simply not losing. So I'm wondering if this is the diet for me. Can anyone suggest what may be the best diet for someone who has almost no mobility.

Hi there, I was hoping someone could help. Due to an illness I'm essentially bed bound and over the years have piled on the weight. I am currently on a low carb diet but despite losing 9lbs the first month I put 5lbs on in the second month, I have stuck with 20 carbs a day and simply not losing. So I'm wondering if this is the diet for me. Can anyone suggest what may be the best diet for someone who has almost no mobility.

Even the best of us can fluctuate from one month to the next, and the fact you did not regain all of the weight you lost is a good indication that you are on the right track.

If you set up a food diary to track your daily intake it will help you keep your focus and over time you will see where you might need to tweak things...it will also give our members a place to stop by and say hello and lend their support.

I'm not bed bound, but I am disabled and am unable to exercise, so I can sympathise with you. It really is hard. You may be cutting back too much - or eating too much cheese or eggs - often one of these can stall you. I'd also say to keep a fairly rough idea of how many calories you are eating, just in case. Also are you eating high protein rather than high fat. Even though it sounds wrong, high fat is the best. As I've been told you need to move what you can, when you can. Good luck.

Back