Can anyone recommend a cough mixture that won't break ketosi s?

NewMummy2012

Hi
i seem to have developed a bad cough! Probably why vie been feeling really ill.
what can I take that wont break the ketosis?
All ideas welcome :)
Thanks xxxx

hi newmummy. how are u feeling? i cant recommend a cough bottle as unfortunately im pretty sure all of them take u out of ketosis. my advice would be to nip it in the bud fast though if u feel its getting worse. i let my cough 'fizzle out' but unfortunately it turned in to pneumonia and ive been very very unwell with it. and it was my first week of lipotrim!!!!!! typical. ive been taking steroids, antibiotics, inhaler and painkillers all the week but styaed 100 on tfr (only because i was vomitting so there was no point eating). i lost 17lbs. id say i sweated it out but still. a nice warm-hot water with a squirt of manuka honey will ease ur throat pain if u must. look after urself anyway, theres no point being sick before u really get started. thats the best advice i could give!! sorry its not better. i know how u feel. best of luck!!! x

Thanks, I thought as much.
ive been ill since Wednesday, but cough only developed on Friday. Had raging fever last night/this morning. I've been good so far, but can't be coughing all night, I'll wake the baby, she's only 4 months and still on our room.
17lbs is amazing, well done! Xx

i know what u mean, my little fella is still in my room too and god only knows how i didnt week him all the week. i cracked 2 ribs coughing? better to get seen to now if u think its getting worse and take it from there. rather than struggling and getting sicker and trying not to eat! u can still do it if its just a cough bottle. speak to ur pharmacist thats the best thing probably. :) dont worry, u can still make a good start. xx

Best go to the doc's hun.x

After feeling like death since Wednesday, had an early night last night, (had to get up with the baby at 11,.30 and 2) but I feel so much better today! So glad I didn't buckle yesterday, I would have been gutted today!Full of energy too!

That's brilliant newmummy, glad ur feeling better after a good nights sleep. Have a good Sunday! X

Back