• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Can anyone tell me??

natayou

a bit different everyday
Sorry Jamast but no milk allowed, you must ss only for it to work well
if you really cant manage then milk is allowed on 790 which is still a vlcd with great weight loss
good luck
nat x

Thanks nat - might consider that for the future. In the meantime, just made the choc one with a spoonful of coffee in it...quite nice.

peachy1982

Silver Member
I am exactly the same with tea and coffee. Can't face it without milk at all.
So I have had to give up.
Am back on day 1 of ss again and am not giving in for the sake of a little splash of milk
peachy
x

sonkie

Gold Member
G: 12st0lb
Hi, I am a tea drinker and couldnt stomach it black.....a few weeks later I tried it but held the tea bag and dunked it a couple of times so its not too strong.....and love it.
I think it takes a while for your taste buds to get used to the change.

natayou

a bit different everyday
yes Jamast coffe choc is my saviour!!
what about pepermint or green tea...both are not too bad
nat x

or try a teaspoon of a vanilla shake in tea, just to give it a sweeter tast

lancslass53

Silver Member
S: 15st7lb C: 11st6lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 23 Loss: 4st1lb(26.27%)
i havent had tea or coffee for over 3 weeks now, i just cant stomach either of them black, but i have had 1 or 2 drinks of peppermint tea which isnt too bad

redann

i cant drink coffee with no milk in it
so i add a teaspoon of my cappicino pack into my coffee
tastes luverly :)

EmMUK

Trying Hard!
S: 25st0lb C: 22st0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 49.7 Loss: 3st0lb(12%)
I have extremely weak tea black and quite like it now after no milky tea for over 3 months. your tastes change, its amazing.

Thanks
Thanks for all your replies (& tip). I was surprised at how nice the choc tasted with a bit of coffee in it - trouble is, I'm not really a coffee fan. I will try the green tea as i think I actually have some of that in my cupboard.

Can anyone also tell me is it okay to miss a couple of the shakes. Not feeling well today, I have been drinking lots of water but could only stomach one of the shakes and that was the choc one at lunchtime. Really can't face another one today.

poohbearmufc

Longing 2 b a yummy mummy
S: 16st10lb C: 16st10lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 40.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
It is amazing how your taste buds change, as I couldn't stand the thought of black tea or coffee and now, can't really tell the difference apart from being hotter (remember that when you take a big gulp!!!! and burn the roof of your mouth!!)...Just keep giving it a try, I love them now..Love

Oh god.. u have to try.. peppermint tea, fennel tea, and green tea with jasmine.. there all sooooooo lovely ( well ok ish ) lol

The fennel one taste like liquorice allsorts, close your eyes and u could be eating Bertie Basset, lol just dont tell your hubby.. ;)

x

trinakmh

Silver Member
S: 20st3lb C: 20st3lb BMI: 50.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Before cambridge i was a teapot, i always had a nice hot cuppa in my hand. But like you i hate black tea, so i now just drink hot water :D its very refreshing.

Jacey

S: 15st6lb C: 14st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 33.1 Loss: 1st3lb(7.87%)
Hi

Just read your original post and there is just one thing I cant quite get my head around - why is it that you are you unable to have skimmed milk { a dash} in your hot drinks when the choc tetras are made using skimmed milk and you can have 3 of those per day???

confused ????

Starting again in the morning

Had a very odd couple of months or so - diet went to pot. First my FIL died, then we spent a lot of time runing up and down the country. Then more recently, I was ill for weeks with some sort of stomach bug. No matter how many times I tried - I just couldn't get restarted properly. Anyway, I am determined to get back on Sole source from first thing tommorrow morning and stick with it this time. Got weighed today and have only put 3lb back on - so I am quite pleased with that. Wish me luck for the re-start.

S: 10st12lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi

Just read your original post and there is just one thing I cant quite get my head around - why is it that you are you unable to have skimmed milk { a dash} in your hot drinks when the choc tetras are made using skimmed milk and you can have 3 of those per day???

confused ????
Im doing a rough version of 790 and have half a pint of skimmed a day and i'm in ketosis, luckily for me I seem quite insensitive to carbs but not the case for everyone I know, if it makes life more bearable having a splash of milk and you stay in ketosis then why not :rolleyes:

Good luck Jamast - you can do this!!:D