can cayenne pepper be used

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by claira07, 23 June 2009 Social URL.

1. claira07

claira07 needs a real kick in the

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    can we add cayeene pepper to our soups, and if so will it help metabolism, xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lin18

Lin18 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(40.16%)
    Diet:
    CD
    In the begining when i like the soups (now hate them lol) i used lots of flavourings and cayeene pepper was one of them.

4. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    I put it on my cottage cheese on the 810 plan, I think herbs and spices are allowed on all plans...

5. NicolaR

NicolaR Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(33.05%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi there, I put hot curry powder in most of my soups and I believe my particular brand has Cayenne in it, and it hasn't affected my weight loss or made me hungry.

But we're all different, so maybe have a little bit in and see whether it affects you. If it does, you can cut it back out. Unfortunately I don't know if it would have any affect on speeding up your metabolism. I heard that Ginger can do that, so I have some ground ginger in my coffee. It helps to make it taste less bitter too. Hope that helps :)

6. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    never thought of using ginger etc in my coffee....might try that in future :)
    xxx

7. claira07

claira07 needs a real kick in the

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    thanks i'll give it ago x

8. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

Cayenne pepper or chilli powder to give its other name is fine to use. I use a lot of spices in my soups...
    Yummy...

I think you would have to have a lot of it to have any impact on speeding your metabolism though. However you don't really need to speed it as CD is working really very ahrd on your body anyway :) And you have had some great weekly losses so far!

x

9. PAMTHEBAM1

PAMTHEBAM1 Full Member

Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE DIET
    HI CLAIRA, THIS IS MY 2ND ATTEMPT AT CD AND THE LAST TIME I DID THIS I USED TO LOVE THE SPICY TOMATO SOUP BUT DIDNT FIND IT SPICY ENOUGH I USED TO PUT CAYENNE PEPPER,CHILLI POWDER,PAPRIKA & A FEW SPOTS OF TABASCO SAUCE TO GIVE IT A KICK AND NEVER EFFECTED MY WEIGHT LOSS HOPE THIS HELPS PAM X:family2:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.